Need to Get Smart on Rubber--References?

I need to get smart on rubber in a hurry, particularly on performance standards for resistance to UV, weather, and various chemicals, including NBC decontamination agents.

Application is an exterior air intake hose. Need to get smart enough to choose the material (currently considering butyl or EPDM) and specify the right standards on a spec control drawing.

Can anyone recommend the relevant standards and/or helpful references to get me started?

Thanks,

Cam

Reply to
Cam

No references, but EPDM is always a good choice. Even holds up to tropospheric ozone and NOx. There are some "spray on insulation" solvents that seem to turn it into the equivalent of "clay" however.

David A. Smith

Reply to
dlzc

I had a professor that used to swear by CRC (Chemical Rubber Company) Handbooks.

-Dylan C

Reply to
Dylan C