New 4 stroke engine. Easy simple

Please visit

and put on forum Your sugest.

Reply to
Andrew Feliks

As I looked at what you have built, my first reaction was, "this is rather like a sleeve valve engine." Then when I got further into your web site, I saw that you show at least one sleeve valve engine in your gallery of pictures.

It is my understanding that the thing that effectively killed the sleeve valve engine for wide spread use was mechanical complexity. I am inclinded to wonder if your design will not have the same problem, and therefore be subject to the same objections. To be widely accepted, it will need to have some strong positive points.

One of the most critical concerns for engine designs these days is exhaust emissions. Have you done any work on checking the exhaust emissions from this engine design? Does the design allow you any means to control emissions? As I look at it, there is no means for emissions control that is readily evident to me, but you have spent a lot more time with the engine than I have, so perhaps you have some ideas that I don't see; I hope so.

Can you state in a few simple sentences why your design is better than an overhead valve design?

Reply to
Dr. Sam