Re: mech eng data

I'm an electrical engineer that has been placed in a position that

>needs some mechanical engineering. What is the best reference(s), ME >handbook or something else, I can get for stuff like maximum flow >through pipes, exhaust duct basics, sheave and belt sizing? > >Carl

Mechanical Engineers' Handbook (known as "Marks") is the benchmark.

Machinery's Handbook is practically oriented and very very thick.

Handbook of Chemistry & Physics (known as the "Rubber Book") can be handy.

AISC's handbook can be helpful on standard steel sections.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

Reply to
Brian Whatcott

Marks, "Mechanical Engineers' Handbook", publ by McGraw-Hill or Perry, "Chemical Engineers' Handbook", also by McGraw-Hill. Both available at any University library or good city reference library.

Reply to
Rusty