Ski Lift Public Transportation for Temperate Climates

Light rail takes decades of bureaucratic wrangling before the first passenger ride, requires a large footprint of valuable urban space, accelerates orders of magnitude more steel than flesh and generally costs a lot of money to build and operate.

All these issues could be greatly reduced using ski lifts in LA and other cities with temperate climates.

There wouldn't be many amentites -- maybe a hook to hang baggage -- but consider the even more minimalist original idea that came in a dream:

The passengers would just grab onto and hang from a bar dangling from a moving cable. If one arm got sore they could switch to the other arm. If they got to the point where they couldn't hang on any longer they would just drop off, maybe in the middle of an intersection.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

You're right up there with Gordo.

Reply to
James

I was walking around some desolate area in or near LA, significantly worse than anything you'll see awake. I had just found an abandoned bicycle with a bent frame. The front tire and seat were missing and the rims had some rust indicating it was old. Even by my low standards it couldn't be considered serviceable. For the first time in my life, awake or dreaming, I tossed a bicycle and started looking for some other form of transportation.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill