supplier of ´soft´ heater pads?

Hello,

I´m looking for a supplier of heater pads with a certain softness or elasticity. I´d like to couple heat into a rather thin structured plate (size 80mm x 120mm) to yield a surface temperature of 100°C. The structures have depth of 0.5mm and spacing of 5mm. A simple (stiff) heating plate suffers from weak coupling, immersion in water or other liquid bath is not possible. I´m thinking more in the direction of thermofoil heaters, but thick and elastic, with rather thin wires, that might be pressed onto the rugged plate being able to smoothen out the structures.

Is there anything like that on the market? What´s another solution to the problem?

Thanx

Reply to
Martin

you might try contacting Thermal Circuits in Salem MA

Reply to
Michael

Could you use a silicon heat transfer compound ?

I use silicone grease, and setting compounds are available.

-- Jonathan

Barnes's theorem; for every foolproof device there is a fool greater than the proof.

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes

Resistance heaters embedded in silicone rubber are widely available. Minco is the first mfr that comes to mind.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

They´re not thick enough (standard only 0.2 - 0.45 mm) in order to press enough material into the dents to yield sufficient contact. Therefore I need additional material, i.e. an elastic pad with high enough heat conductivity (without embedded heaters) and a thickness of at least 1mm.

Any suggestion where to get one of those?

Reply to
Martin

Sounds like you were looking at the Kapton film heaters rather than the silicone rubber units, which are probably 1 to 2mm thick. McMaster-Carr stocks a pretty good selection as well. The smallest sizes are less than $20.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons