WTB Kellog Design of Piping Systems

Especially the revised Second edition contact me at username blach00 server yahoo.com

Reply to
doubl00

"doubl00" wrote .

Gosh. This is a very old book which I've used years ago. I'm surprised that at Amazon.com, they have found two copies, one at $243, and another at $550.

Reply to
John C

Yes and that is too much for me. It is only worth what someone is willing to pay and it is still for sale.

Do you have a copy you could part with?

Reply to
doubl00

"John C" wrote in news:427c57f9$ snipped-for-privacy@news.starhub.net.sg:

The used book market in technical books is weird, at least from the point of view of engineers. Often early editions are priced an order of magnitude higher than the latest one (or the last one if it is no longer in print). I find bookfinder.com to be better than Amazon for used books.

Reply to
Charly Coughran

"Charly Coughran" wrote ..

I just wonder. For these old out-of-print books, if one can borrow a copy, say from a library, and photocopy for personal use, is this allowed?

John

Reply to
John C

For a text of say 400 pages, for which a copier is available which charges 10 cents/page the extended cost would be $40 plus binding cost. A lower page costs changes the break point at which it becomes more attractive to source a used copy - for this price though, it would usuially be easy to source the real thing more cheaply.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

Reply to
Brian Whatcott

No wonder. The cost of photocopying at shops here (Singapore) is only about US 2.5 cents. And some of us at home and most at office have photocopying machines. And often one does not have to copy the whole book. So cost is not much of an issue here, as long as we are not infringing the copyright protection law.

Reply to
John C