Charpy Impact Test

Does anyone know where I can find a simple picture of a Charpy Impact Test device. And also where I can read about the limitations of the
test for stress systems that are not 'sudden impact,' but more like creep rupture or ductile fracture. Are there failure tests that are compatible with non-impact stress systems?
Send replys to snipped-for-privacy@umn.edu Thank you
John Ferman wrote:

There is a lot of information on various ways to "test materials".
You are lucky. One of the world leaders in this technical area is right near you.... MTS
MTS Systems Corporation 14000 Technology Drive Eden Prairie, MN 55344-2290 U.S.A. Telephone: 952-937-4000 Fax: 952-937-4515
http://www.mts.com /
If you are really interested, you can probably get a lot of good information by going over there.
Then too, you may find that the Mechanical Engineering or Materials Sciences (Metallurgy) departments at www.umn.edu can show you the charpy machines and many more.
Is this independent study?
John Ferman wrote:

A textbook-picture is unsufficient? Google finds a lot of pictures.

tensile test
HTH
Michael Dahms