Charpy Impact Test

Does anyone know where I can find a simple picture of a Charpy Impact
Test device. And also where I can read about the limitations of the
test for stress systems that are not 'sudden impact,' but more like
creep rupture or ductile fracture. Are there failure tests that are
compatible with non-impact stress systems?
Send replys to snipped-for-privacy@umn.edu Thank you
Reply to
John Ferman
There is a lot of information on various ways to "test materials".
You are lucky. One of the world leaders in this technical area is right near you.... MTS
MTS Systems Corporation 14000 Technology Drive Eden Prairie, MN 55344-2290 U.S.A. Telephone: 952-937-4000 Fax: 952-937-4515
If you are really interested, you can probably get a lot of good information by going over there.
Then too, you may find that the Mechanical Engineering or Materials Sciences (Metallurgy) departments at
can show you the charpy machines and many more.
Is this independent study?
Reply to
jbuch
A textbook-picture is unsufficient? Google finds a lot of pictures.
tensile test
HTH
Michael Dahms
Reply to