Latest threads in Metallurgy discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Needed: Prices on materials such as metals and plastics
I need some prices on metals and maybe plastics. But metals is the most important. I need prices on metals like steel, stainless steel, cast iron, titanium, aluminum, copper etc etc. I do not need a...
5
5

galvanising query
Hi all, Could anyone tell me or know where i can find out how galvanising affects steel with respect to sheet thickness, or how sheet, angle and box section welded together are affected, I am having...
3
3

1090 steel samurai sword
I have a swordsmith who is willing to make me a reverse blade sword. When I asked him about the folds, he told me that he doesn't fold the blades and that there's "not really any reason to with the...
4
4

Used metalworking machines in Italy
Italia Company Name: Gruppo Greggio Argenterie Spa Description: The Italian Group leader in Europe as manufacturer of silver presents its wide range of second-hand machinery: ROLLERMILLS,PRESSES,...

Carbon Monoxide
Is Carbon Monoxide flammable? Is that what causes the flame in enogas (when used in electric furace)?
4
4

FOR SALE Thermo VGScientific 310F Micolab Auger spectromer FOR SALE
Thermo VG Scientific 310F Auger Spectrometer for Sale. Excellent condition, previously owned by Intel semiconductor corporation, currently at Thermo campus in Middleton WI. System Specifications Auger...

Needed: Advice on best material for special application
Hi, I'd like to get some advice for material to use for a very specific application. Please bear with me here, because I need to give you a little background first. I'm a martial artist involved in...
22
22

Nickel Corrosion
When iron rusts, the corrosion product flakes off exposing new areas to corrosion. Does a similar process occur with nickel, or does it form a "passive coating" as is seen with copper. (Hey, I'm a...
3
3

MS&E jobs in CO?
Hi there, Recent M.S. graduate in MS&E trying to get a job in Colorado...Lockheed Martin, although they have a perfect position for my background, won't bite (and they seem to not like follow up...

annealing furnaces?
Advice appreciated if you . Annealing small parts has been a terribly expensive process, I'd like to buy and set up my own furnace. I haven't seen much out there for sale at reasonable costs just for...

Testing for nickel
I was wondering if anyone can help me. I work in sub-contract heat treatment in the UK. At work we have two small bottles labelled "Solution A" and "Solution B". Solution A is clear liquid and...
3
3

Modern Alchemy (1922) Turning Lead into Created 10k Gold Coins ?
Redgrove, Herbert Stanley, 1887-1943 . Alchemy: Ancient and Modern Electronic Text Center, University of Virginia Library | Table of Contents for this work | | All on-line databases | Etext Center...
3
3

Post-Doc Stelle - material simulation
Lieber newsgroup, ein Freund von mir hat eine Post-Doc Stelle zu vergeben. Es handelt sich um Material simulation (Besch=E4digung nach Strahlung) an Metalle, mittel= s ab initio, molecular dynamics...

Forging References
Hi, I am a student of manufacturing engineering. I want ot know some references for Forging,its molds and its softwares. I can work with ANSYS and CATIA but I think these softwares are not enough for...
4
4

Made the Super-Metal!
It is almost indestructible and weighs almost nothing ! I´ve developed a fractal-based formula to create this metal which could be used for making almost indestructible armor ! But it´s expensive,...
8
8