1930's lathe on Craigslist

Got yer attention? Well, it's probably long gone, but the
listing was good enough to make Best of Craigslist, which
got my attention!

Jon
Reply to
Jon Anderson
ROTFLMAO, you made my day. Thanks for posting this
Ignoramus31502
One might want to own it just because, course, proving the 'provenance' might be problematic
Reply to
yourname
On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 07:50:34 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Jon Anderson quickly quoth:
The last of the Great Dildo Machines, eh?
Reply to
Larry Jaques
Holy crap! "...6 to 18 inches in length, and 2 to 5 inches in diameter..."
-Frank
Reply to
Frank Warner
Can i say it sucks nuts?
Reply to
Brent
Meh...the ways are sloppy and the half-nuts are probably shot.
Reply to
Dave Hinz
On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 15:53:20 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Frank Warner quickly quoth:
Musta been a Black lathe, y'reckon?
-- Books are the compasses and telescopes and sextants and charts which other men have prepared to help us navigate the dangerous seas of human life. --Jesse Lee Bennett
Reply to
Larry Jaques
Elephants? Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller
According to Frank Warner :
I think that it said "girth", not "diameter". Taking girth to mean circumference, that give a range of 0.6466" to 1.5915", or approximately 5/8" to 1-5/8". However -- as for the length, we're stuck with that range. :-)
Enjoy, DoN.
Reply to
DoN. Nichols
Sounds about right to me..... ;)
Reply to
Rex
A few years ago I was listening to the book on tape "Moby Dick", yah that title works with this thread. Seems like the wives all had some carved wooden 'friends' to take the edge off while the man of the house was at sea.
Never know what you will learn when you read a book.
Wes
Reply to
Wes