Subject Author Posted Replies

DoN Nichols
Don, as our resident crimper expert, do you think that this stuff would prove useful for light home duty use? eBay Mobile
2
2

How to connect "signal ground" terminals?
In this mill, there will be many devices with "signal ground", such as encoders, ppmc control box, servo drives etc. I think that I should I tie all of those signal grounds, and the minus of the...
12
12

Ingersoll-Rand "GarageMate" Air Compressor arrived
The little AllTrades 5-gallon air compressor I had been using since April 2006 was not quite large enough, and was easily outrun. And VERY LOUD, to the point that I had to either leave the shop or...
5
5

Great open barrel crimper for Molex terminals
I need to crimp a lot of Molex open barrel terminals for those servo power supplies. I was kind of shocked to find a tool from Molex for $269. But then I found item HWS16166 from does a great job. i
35
35

What kind of steel in wood-cutting circular saw blade?
Not carbide-tipped, of course. I'd be very surprised if it was mild steel, but is it carbon steel, or HSS? There's not enough heat to make HSS preferred, but is HSS better for wood cutting? Are each...

tractor axle
This come under the title, "No good deed goes unpunished" I told "the Kid" he could have one of my trators after July1 for his hobby farm. I'm "loaning" him the Ford 3600. The rear wheels on this...
21
21

Shop-made Aluminum sight mount
Sorry for OT, but I did make the sight mount out of Aluminum on my Bridgeport. I have a "Ruger Mark II Gov. Target" that I bought new 20 some years ago but have only put a few hundred rounds through....
11
11

CNC power supply complete
have it fully wired, with the rectifier, cap and bleeder, with a terminal block for terminations etc. It is mounted where it will be permanently located and everything is marked. I tried driving the X...
1
1

Rectifier wiring
I have this rectifier: GPBC 50A has four terminals, but they are not marked. The datasheet is pretty sparse, too. Which of them are AC and which are DC? i http://tinyurl.com/25fmjfu
36
36

Why does this mounting hole have this shape?
I have a Fein "Multimaster". It's an electric hand tool with various "blades". For sawing, sanding, cutting. It works by vibrating very fast & with very small displacement. The various blades have...
1
1

Maybe a good deal? Matsuura CNC mill
Gunner may know something about it. Matsuura 500V for $1,000. No connection to seller and no personal interest in buying. I am also not sure whether to believe the seller.
14
14

pressure washer pump oil
My washer needed some spring PM so I opened the pump (never done this before) and spilled the oil all over the bench. Karcher specs 15W-40 non detergent and wants almost $30 for a quart. Is there...
5
5

Looking for Tooling
I've got a customer trying to drill a 1-1/16" diameter hole through a thin (1/16") piece of wood/plastic composite material. They can't really use a hole saw because the "plug" gets stuck in the...
46
46

OT-How to hack smart meters pt2
In a rush to take advantage of U.S. stimulus money, utilities are quickly deploying thousands of smart meters to homes each day--smart meters that experts say could easily be hacked "Since there is no...
2
2

OT-The coming Depression
The world's rich countries are now conducting a dangerous experiment. They are repeating an economic policy out of the 1930s - starting to cut spending and raise taxes before a recovery is assured -...
2
2