Subject Author Posted Replies

Power supply in progress
out of time, will wire and mount it tomorrow. i

The ferro-lily
We were enjoying friends and neighbors at the lake this evening with a bit of raucous banter. No alcohol involved this time, just pie and coffee at Ted 'n Nancy's. We've had fun ragging Dave since he...
6
6

Interesting micro drill
One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only...

GOOD! Cheap lathe found!!!
Gunner........ One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers...
1
1

Hack Saw Blades
Hi all, Years ago (late 60's) I got a smoking deal on several hundred Swedish made Craftsman 'Simi-Flexable Alloy Steel' hacksaw blades. All 12" 32 tooth. I thought I was set for life... but a couple...
19
19

More mill wiring progress
I have developed a deep appreciation of DIN rail. By now the mill is wired with fuses. There is two 20A fuses, for L1 and L2. From the fuses, I feed a 240->120v control transformer. Output of this...
14
14

Cute 3 HP Baldor grinder
http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/283.JPG.html
13
13

Coloring metal
Can anyone send me to a site, or some book or source where I can get a fast track on how to color metal by heating and chemicals? Mainly heating? It will be for decorative outdoor items. Thanks. Steve
6
6

Clausing Head Stock for sale
Just saw a 5900 Clausing Head stock for sale. Not interested, but one of you might be. ($150). No connection to seller. Vegvary http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/tls/1812092100.html

Am I being 'el-cheapo'? (metal related)
I own about 80 tomato baskets. These are the conical wire supports that hold up the plants as they hopefully grow. Every year about a dozen baskets experience failure by having one of their welds...
34
34

Metalworking
8
8

engine power unit
I have an 11 hp. water cooled Koehler diesel engine. I'd like to use it to power three different devices: a 3" trash pump, a three phase generator, and a two stage air compressor. I want to put it all...
23
23

Tumbling small steel parts - Follow up
For anyone who is still following this: I got my ceramics (5/32 angle cut cylinders). I run some steel washers in them with commercial TSP spray diluted to 10% by distilled water. Although there was...
3
3

OT: computer and reading glasses
Just a quick note to let the group know of my experience with computer/reading glasses from Zenni. I have been attempting to use a somewhat weaker set of reading glasses as computer glasses for some...
17
17

OT-How to hack smart meters
Worried about the security of the Smart Grid? You should be. Security researchers warn that the Smart Grid could become a hacker's playground. As proof, here are four ways the Smart Grid can be...
13
13