5/8" Solid Stainless Rod Bending Anyone?

I have a need to bend up a bracket out of 5/8" solid stainless rod.

Anyone want to quote a very small - 1 piece - project?

It's hobby related so be kind to me. :)

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Multiple Spindle Drills:

V8013-R

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Bending 5/8" stainless should not be all that hard unless you are wanting sharp bends. If you want sharp bends you are probably going to need some heat. Try bending some 5/8 rebar for practice before trying the expensive stuff.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

I actually received a great idea from someone else... All I needed was a longer version of something I already have - and I wasn't smart enough to simply consider extending the bar via a weld point.... And I've got a welder next door so...

After all that, I think I'm set.

...And to think I was gonna have it made from scratch... I'm turning out just like some of my... er... never mind.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

===================== Hi Joe,

Question: How long this solid rod is? Because you have a better chanse on bending it if is at list 4 to 5 feet long. (then you can cut it the size u need)

Vincenzo Taormina

Vincenzo

Reply to
kfvorwerk

Hi Joe,

Question: How long this solid rod is? Because you have a better chanse on bending it if is at list 4 to 5 feet long. (then you can cut it the size u need)

Vincenzo Taormina

Total length is 5 feet or longer... But I've found an easier (i.e. less expensive and local) fix.

Thank you for the input.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Unfortunately, I can't do that. It is inserted into a 5/8" ID pipe and used as a removable bracket. I need to make the braket sit about 1-2" higher than it does now and the pipe it is inserted into isn't tall enough to simply accept a plug below the bracket "arm" per say.

Want to see photos of it? Check the backrest out here:

See the third and sorta the fourth picture down as the backrest is leaning up against the wall in the fourth.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

If it isn't too short you can slip a piece of pipe over the end. ( also handy to get the bend where you want it ).

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Reply to
kfvorwerk

LOL. Every two weeks or so she walks through our warehouse here... Never really spoken to her - probably because I don't want to be killed by my wife who also works here.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill