Subject Author Posted Replies

Halogen shop lights
I went to HD to buy a T3 bulb for my halogen shop light. The bulb was $6.49, and a new one was $8.99, so I grabbed a new one. On the way, I spotted a display for $4.99 each. The same 250w of...
6
6

OT: Texas does it again
It was reported today on Fox News radio that a man was acquitted in his trial for killing a 13 year old boy. The 63 year old man caught the boy and some friends that had broken into his trailer to see...
14
14

Millermatic 35?
Ive the opportunity to get a blackfaced Millermatic 35, newer gun, its claimed it works well. IIll test drive it before making the deal) Guy wants to trade it for a couple hours machine repair and 100...
8
8

Tungsten wear life?
Hi guys, OK, a bit if a cheeky Subject to keep it metalworking oriented. I have had a full beard for around 40 years. About 6 months back I shaved it off and had been using a Braun electric razor up...
7
7

Rustoleum texture paint
This isn't advertising but just wanted to see if there any other users of this paint that can confirm my experience with it. That is, the Rustoleum texture spray paint you can get at any hardware...
5
5

hardened gear on a mild shaft
Ok, I need some suggestions here. I have an electric bike motor that has "spun" a gear. The shaft is mild steel and the gear is hardened. the gear is about 3/4 of an inch across and the shaft is about...
20
20

New pictures -- cold saw works -- blade question
The good news is that this three phase, baby 10" cold saw works. I moved the page and added some pictures of it cleaned up and running. did not pump coolant at first, but started pumping as soon as I...
14
14

Neise Easy-Angle fixture
I just aquired a Neise Modern Tools, Easy-Angle tool. This is a block of steel 4 X 1/2 X 1 1/4 with a series of holes and pins in it. Two of the larger pins are labeled "A" and "B" and stamped in the...
5
5

Used lathe-what to look for?
There may be another chance to look at a used lathe: The details are not clear, it sounds like a Craftex B2227L - 9x18, 3/4HP, lowest speed 115, some tools included. I am told it is about 4 years old...
6
6

Homebuilt cage seen in the motorcycle group
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25435483@N00/Karl

Electric motor on KBC mill
At an internet auction a few days ago I bought a KBC bench mill. The model is Grip-16. The pictures neglected to show a view of the mill that is clearly stamped "3 phase". I thought the motor was...
31
31

Loctite's effectiveness after heating?
The driver/piston on my nail gun can be dressed to compensate for wear. Then the length has to be adjusted. This is possible because the driver rod is threaded into the piston. Those threads were...

Drill chuck on live center - why?
I have, from an estate sale, a nice new 1/2" keyed drill chuck mounted to an MT2 live center. The chuck rotates on the center. What purpose would something like this serve?
11
11

Canedy Otto forge blower repair
I have finally decided to set up my old forge. I have a Canedy Otto Manufacturing, Model H Western King hand crank blower that came with this shop built forge. The blower seemed pretty stiff to turn...
4
4

OT: DVD Recording/playback
Tapping the vast knowledge database... ant OK, I haven't thought this through completely before posting, but... I have 2 DVD recorders, one Toshiba DVD-R, one Sanyo DVD+R/DVD+RW. Both work well....
11
11