OT: Texas does it again

It was reported today on Fox News radio that a man was acquitted in his trial for killing a 13 year old boy. The 63 year old man caught the boy and some friends that had broken into his trailer to see if they could find some candy. The man caught them and had them on their knees, they were begging him not to kill him when he shot the 13 year old boy in the back of the head with a 16 gauge shotgun. The jury found him not guilty of a crime. Ahhhh, Texas, it's like a whole other country. In some ways a lot like Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia. Like having stone age systems of justice. Shoot teenagers posing no threat to anyone, that's okay. Shoot unarmed men in the back when they pose no threat to you, that's okay. It's a lot better to be the shooter if you live in Texas. As long as you do it on your own property murder is not a crime.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

I declare bullshit. Prove it.

Wes

Wes

others, Google Jose Luis Gonzalez

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Hawke believes in STATE government. He must have failed his government classes.

A trial is between a judge, the DA, defendant lawyer and a bunch of people. Likely the people are aged and have time to serve. They are also tired of being broken into and had stuff stolen.

That jury voted that. Not Texas. That man went to trial. The County or city put him on trial. The people on the jury found something else.

Often it isn't all that easy. Remember the baby killer syndrome the news types have... Maybe the knife in his hand and the talk in his mouth prompted action.

We don't need people like you Hawke that spread false statements.

Martin

Mart> It was reported today on Fox News radio that a man was acquitted in his

Martin H. Eastburn

News=3D=3D----

#1 Newsgroup Service in the World! =

Since I am a Texan I feel compelled to chime in. I admit that I am troubled by the visual imagery of a home owner ending a short life with a shotgun blast at short range. Nevertheless, I was not standing in that man's shoes. Furthermore, I was not on the jury of his peers.

Under Texas law if you catch an intruder in your home at night the presumption is that: a) you are in fear for your life; and b) you do NOT have a duty to flee your own home. Even though they were kids they out-numbered him 4 to 1. And you don't have to be big to stab someone to death.

While I would have a hard time living with myself after having made the decision that man did, it is not my place to second guess him, or the jury that acquitted him, and, in my opinion, properly so.

It was a sad day for all parties concerned. But convicting him would have been a miscarriage of justice, as was prosecuting him in the first place.

Vernon

Note that Laredo is half Mexico, half Texas.

It's a rougher place than South Side Chicago.

Tweety ought to be a news reporter. Find the most sensational thing you can and spin it.

Reply to
cavelamb himself

Vernon wrote in news:0e141327-c985-48b5-a786- snipped-for-privacy@f36g2000hsa.googlegroups.com:

Well said.

Now, if "Chicken" will just try an uninvited entry into my place, he'll find out that the command "Freeze" offers only 1 alternative action: "Die".

Reply to
Eregon

I wonder if the Parakeet knows the details of his buttbuddy Carl Rowan?

"leading gun control proponant Carl Rowan uses illegal gun to shoot teen for swmming in Rowans pool"

"Fanatic antigun Million Mom Marcher tries to murder a child and puts thes innocent child into wheelchair for life"

Btw..cops kill innocent people every day, and they get a pass

And those kids werent innocent......

"Obama, raises taxes and kills babies. Sarah Palin - raises babies and kills taxes." Pyotr Flipivich

Reply to
Gunner Asch

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 06:54:25 GMT, the infamous Eregon scrawled the following:

Almost. Since he was shot in the back, a court would have to look at it to ensure to the people that it was justified.

Indubitably.

If the little f*ck on the floor had the balls to go after a man who held a shotgun at his back, he certainly deserved what he got. They had already balked enough that he had to kick and hit them before they got on the floor. _Then_ one came at him. I think he showed quite a bit of restraint, as mad as he must have been by that point. I'm sure that if the kid had gotten ahold of that gun as he was trying, those three would have beaten him to death or shot him.

I'd hate to plug a human being, but if it's between him or me, there would _be_ no hesitation. That's a simple decision.

It's a good thing it wasn't a po white boy who shot the kid. The liberals would have fried him for dinner.

-- The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
Larry Jaques

With any luck, a gang of knife weilding punks will break into Hawkie's nest so he can see first hand what uit's like to need a defense he doesn't have at hand.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Don't bet on it.

See Below.

Have you forgotten Joe Horn of Pasadena, TX?

The Pasadena City Council wound up passing an Ordinance making it illegal to stage a "protest" outside a private residence as a result of the number of idiots that kept disturbing his neighbors.

The two Illegal Aliens that he dropped with his 12-ga. pump were _outside_ and attempting to flee after an attempted burglary of his _neighbor's_ house.

The funny thing about the "protesters" was that there were no Hispanics in the crowds...

Reply to
Eregon

Remember - hormones, greed and drugs. So many of these break ins are for something to sell for drugs. One never knows when a young person might explode into rage when under pressure or embarrassment.

It is a dangerous position to be outnumbered and out muscled and a conflict exists. Martin

Mart> On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 06:54:25 GMT, the infamous Eregon

Martin H. Eastburn

Sorry stupid people but you're wrong as you always are. I personally heard the report on Sunday. It was Fox News radio by the way. All I did was pass on what was said on the radio. So if it's wrong take it up with Fox News. If you have the time to get your head out of your ass.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

If you mean me, let me tell you that if I came into your place uninvited I would be carrying a cocked and locked 1911, which I am very handy with. If you said anything I would pump several Hydroshoks into your chest for the fun of it. Then I would leave and go have a nice meal and think about what a good thing I did by ridding the world of one more dip shit.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

Never going to happen. Because unlike you I make sure I'm armed all the time and I'll gladly shoot anybody that threatens my life. I don't know why you brain dead idiots think that you're the only people that have guns or know how to use them. My hobby is guns. I shoot all the time and I'll bet I own more than all of you except maybe for Gummer. I have not had a week pass in the last eight years that I haven't shot at least 300 rounds. I am a member of a gun club and I shoot better than 90% of the people that come into the place so I know what I'm doing. The targets tell me how good I am. The difference between me and you yahoos is that I don't talk about how good I am like you guys do. But then it's always been that the big talkers are just that, talkers. Like Terrell.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke