Subject Author Posted Replies

How does deburring tool work?
I have deburring tool, with replaceable blades. The blade has a grove in it and the tool has a ball to engage the groove: would seem that the collar would be spring loaded against the ball & one would...

Hurrah!! for Harbor Freight
Own two drillmaster 18 volt drills with three batteries and two chargers. Anyway, two of the batteries will no longer take a charge or even light up the pilot light on the charger. I know these are...
17
17

Motor Bearing
Motor Bearings
21
21

OT: obsolete car part needed
Looking for a suggested vendor for the mechanical push/pull cable that runs between the cruise control vacuum actuator and throttle linkage for a 1990 Ford Thunderbird w/v-6 non-turbo engine. P/N is...
10
10

HF 15 Percent Off Coupon
good till 8-27-2008.....Paul http://packratpaul.com/HF/HF-8-22-2008-Coupon.jpg
5
5

insulation
I built a steam powered tricycle but have been having problems going any distance with it. It has a combination firetube - watertube boiler and when fired hard the water bubbles up and goes out the...
11
11

Diesel Fuel
I was idly flipping though my wife's catalogs, ran across this brand name; I just don't think my idea of the smell of diesel fuel is quite in line with the ad.
11
11

Steel grades
I don't know why but I've been in this force of habit getting some of my small parts quoted in 5052 aluminum. I just compared the price of a certain part done in steel and I'm saving over 50% My...
16
16

OT- taxing the "fuel" on an electric car?
Been looking at the # of companies that have invested in battery makers and the talk of a company supposedly selling electric cars in israel in large numbers. It looks like there's going to be...
15
15

Mobile solid state laser gun
Picture is here is here it could quickly shoot down fast moving things such as artillery shells, I think that it will be very revolutionary....
18
18

How do I straighten Delrin?
I machined two tapered guide strips fron Delrin plastic. they taper fron 3/4 inch down to 1/8 inch. the ends now bow up. I did machine all four sides to get them to size first. How do I get rid of the...
31
31

SA200=California
Lincoln SA200 portable welder on trailer - $800 (Hemet) Reply to: Date: 2008-08-18, 10:25PM PDT Ran when parked last year, includes set of leads, gas powered. * Location: Hemet PostingID: 802981085...
1
1

Mill or lathe?
This question is probably akin to: "How long is a piece of string?". However, having done as much research as I reasonably can and with no local resources to fall back upon I feel compelled to ask...
47
47

10 Years Later
What an arduous journey that was. Thought I was gonna completely loose my mind there a couple of times. Seemed like a year of only a lawn chair,a small TV, and an air mattress waiting for that house...
15
15

Mystic Seaport (CT) Antique Marine Engine Show
I attended both days of this years show and had the greatest time. Photos and video clips are located at: Groff
1
1