How does deburring tool work?

I have deburring tool, with replaceable blades. The blade has a grove in it and the tool has a ball to engage the groove:

It would seem that the collar would be spring loaded against the ball & one would change cutters by pulling back the collar, releasing pressure on the ball & freeing the cutter. BUT, my collar's spring pushes it

*away* from the ball, as shown in the pic. Pulling it forward to the ball bottoms out before pushing on the ball.

Am I missing something, or is it broken?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt