Adjust-A-Link V-belting

I bought some adjust a link belting and the installation tool from McMaster-Carr. But I can not figure out how to actually use it. I tried to Goggle some instructions but could not find any. Does any one here know what the trick is to link the belt back to it's self?

Thanks,

Vince

Reply to
Vince Iorio

This is the style using steel rivets to connect the overlapping links?

I didnt' know there was an installation tool. It is a bear to work with. Bend the belt over backwards over a single link and push the ends of the link together. That'll force open the slot that runs down the length of the link, then you can slide the top link along the rivet pin until it gets to the opening in the slot that is big enough to get the rivet head through. Each link is 2 sections long and so any given link is held by one pin at each end and one in the middle. Well maybe if you hold a section and bend it backwards this will make sense.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Powell

Might find it easier to take a link apart first, then reverse what you did. Always fun working on this inside a machine and when there isn't a whole lot of slack.

Installation tool - like a pair of bent needle-nose pliers?

John Martin

Reply to
JMartin957

Go to

installation instructions. -Steve

Reply to
Steve

Yes, the tool looks like bent pliers, with a "T" profile at the tip. It looks like you push it into the cut between rivets and open the tip to spread the hole open to get the rivet in & out. I was trying to get a link apart first, but I could not get the rivet to move. Maybe more force. I was hoping there was a "trick" that made it easier.

I'll try Bobs advice about bending it back wards and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Vince

JMart>>

Reply to
Vince Iorio

Steve,

Thanks! but the link is for the "Twist lock" belting, not the "Adjust A Link" belting.

V>Go to

for installation instructions. -Steve

Reply to
Vince Iorio