ameribuilt steel buildings

Hello,

I'm planning a 30 X 50 shop building to be installed in Edmonton Alberta area. Ameribuilt Steel seems to be good quality and a reasonable price. Does anyone here have any experience with them? Their web site is

.

Thanks.

Reply to
xkbal

Hello,

I'm planning a 30 X 50 shop building to be installed in Edmonton Alberta area. Ameribuilt Steel seems to be good quality and a reasonable price. Does anyone here have any experience with them? Their web site is

.

Thanks.

Reply to
xkbal

Well, assuming that you aren't spamming for that company, have you looked at their specifications to see if they give a snow load value? You're in Canada and they're in Florida... It would not be unreasonable to think that snow loads are not necessarily something that they're all that concerned with down there...

Personally, I suspect the Q-style quonset hut type buildings are probably the strongest...

There's plenty of other manufacturers of this same type building, some up in Canada also...

Reply to
Grumman-581

Just bought 160 acres and am in the process of planning a shop. For various esthetic reasons (of SWMBO) I need to build a gambrel roofed (or hip roofed, depending on where you're from) barn. Cant complain about that too much as I'll end up with a 30 X 50 2 story shop. I have not had much luck yet finding someone in Canada who can provide such a steel building, I am still looking if someone has a suggestion. I'm also considering a wood structure.

Right now I'm not too concerned about snow loading or code compatibility. That will all be investigated thoroughly and I will want a set of engineered drawings for the authorities here before I buy. For now I'm just curious if anyone has or knows someone that can comment on the quality of their product.

Al

Reply to
xkbal

I'm glad you brought up the subject! It made me think of needed warehouse space and I stumbled across info about self-storage buildings. I'm thinking of doing both, I've got plenty of empty land in the middle of the city.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Are you talking about mini warehouses? I wanted to build one out of those surplus freight containers, set side by side, then covered with a roof over. Leave 10 feet between the rows, back to back and put a roll up door at each end for your own storage space. Power for lighting would be easy to run in conduit, inside the center storage area.

There is a place in Tampa converting them into low cost housing.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Ameribult, Pioneer, US Steel, et al. are all about the same. Each can be ordered for the correct snow load for your location. Only thing that I didn't like about them is their anchor system. You have to buy their anchor plates or spend a huge effort in laying out and pouring the foundation.

Don't know of anyone right offhand that has gambreled steel kits. I'm taking the dimensions off of a standard ag plan that I found on LSU's ag web and converting it to steel from wood for my building.

Craig C.

Reply to
cvairwerks

I found a number of sites that had plans, usually fairly old, for barns. However I don't have the time or knowledge to do as you're doing so would prefer to get a kit from somewhere. I'm hoping to have it up and insulated/heated by this fall and I'm about to head off to get married so won't be able to do anything for the next month.

Reply to
xkbal

I've been thinking of getting a few of these to store the bits and pieces that aren't used often rather than tying up space in the shop.

Reply to
xkbal

I wish I had room for three or four of them, so I can FIND my shop. After four years of being too sick to work, my once spotless shop is full to the door with things that were dumped on my doorstep. I used to do triage and scrap the junk right away. Now, it'll take years to sort out. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

While you are looking look at Nucor steel buildings too. Nucor is one of the larger steel companies in the US. In addition to making steel, they also make and sell steel buildings, nuts and bolts, beams, bar joists. At least you know they are not a fly by night outfit. Note; I own Nucor stock.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster