An interesting offer

I was at the local HF store today, and in passing asked the manager about the little 130 amp tig welder. Did he have a lot returns? Problems with the units etc? He then said. "I can give you this unit at the last sale price ($179) if you purchase the 2 year extended warranty with it for a total of $213". Sounded like a good deal, but because I am not well educated on tig machines, I declined. Has anybody had experience with this machine? I am just new to o/a gas welding and use my torch for sculpture projects mostly using 3/16 to 1/4 rod. I'd like to weld stainless at some point but am not ready to work with stainless...yet. Also, it has been my experience that buying the best is always cheaper in the long run. However a sweet deal will certainly turn my head. What think? Go back and get it? Mike

Reply to
mclorson

I think you should buy it... Lift start is not that big a deal, and it will definitely weld the steel and stainless rod you are using...

You can definitely sell it for more than that on eBay...

Reply to
Emmo

Those machines have been discussed at some length on this and other newsgroups and owners concensus is that its actually a decent little machine for its type. And they were all surprised that it works so well.

It should work quite well for what you are doing and stainless is no harder to tig than regular steel. Its actually quite easy.

Gunner

Gunner

Gunner