Annealing 304 after welding

Hello,

Someone here sent me some very comprehensive information on annealing stainless steel materials after welding. I filed somewhere very safe and now that I need it is nowhere to be found. If that kind soul is reading this could you please resend it?

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Boris Mohar

I think you're looking for stress relieving, not annealing. The welding process would not harden that grade of stainless. None of the 300 series of stainless is heat treatable, although it might require annealing after considerable cold working.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

I found the link finally.

I would appreciate any comments on the article. I finished welding my turbo exhaust manifold so I am wondering if this process is worth it before I have the flange machined flat. Pictures at

The material is 304L ( yes I know that there is better stuff out there) It will be ceramic coated inside and out.

My wife has a large pottery kiln that would do the annealing job.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Reply to