Anodizing aluminum

Is anodizing aluminum a practical operation for the home machinist? I'm making a gear shift knob and I thought it would be nicer if it had some color to it.

Reply to
John Ings

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 08:52:03 -0700, John Ings calmly ranted:

Larry Jaques

Yes. Do some google research. There are lots of sites.

sells good dyes.

Reply to
Don Foreman

For just one piece it might not be worth it, total setup if you have a battery charger for your car runs around $200. I've got about $600 into mine. Depends on how fancy you want to get and how many different colors you want.

Reply to
Russ Wizinsky