Another one strikes back

Another liberal who doesn't respect the sanctity of contracts...

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Isn't robbing a bank of its property an offence?

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

... and what's he gonna' do now, sleep on the dozer in a Walmart parking lot? Anyway, seems like there'd be a brisk demand for his services from like-minded nitwits. Maybe his next brilliant move will be to barter his expertise... in exchange for a parking space on some Taft "acreage". :-)

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

Once you have lost everything you got, what's the downside?

I love those stories that report John Q. Gunderson was arrested after a robbery, high speed pursuit that left people injured, three police cruisers totaled, and crossed into three counties. Mr. Gunderson allegedly was fleeing from an armed robbery. He was charged with attempted murder, robbery with a firearm, discharge of a weapon in a building, felony evasion of police, resisting arrest, attempted murder of a police officer, property damage, assault with intent to inflict great bodily harm,

and

speeding

and

littering.

I wonder how much time the littering charge carries.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

As the guy said, he consulted with his lawyer before he did it and he knows that he's in for trouble. The lawyers will be sorting this one out for a while.

In the US (most states; there are some grandfathered "land contract" deals that make the mortgagor the property owner), the bank doesn't own the property if you have a mortgage on it, but it can obtain a lien if you default on the terms of the mortgage. A lot of laws have changed on this in recent years but it probably would be considered the bank's "property" at that point. The bank apparently already had a lien on the property.

Except that the IRS also had filed a lien. And the guy undoubtedly broke local laws by demolishing a building without a permit. That is, assuming that the supposed $350,000 valuation on the property implies a civilized municipality. Lawyers galore! Federal and state! Full employment for at least a couple of law firms!

The IRS almost always wins. They'll probably get any money involved, after legal fees. If the guy is found guilty of defrauding anyone, it probably will be the federal government. Ouch.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I suspect he's in for some jail time. Maybe when he gets out.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

If he has simply walked away from an upside-down mortgage I would not be able to agree with you.

Dave

Reply to
Dave__67

OTOH, Mr. Stack definitely won't be serving any time in prison, nor will he have any need of shelter.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I would hope that no one would really agree with my tongue-in-cheek remark under any circumstances.

Reply to
Ed Huntress