Any of you know?

Substantially harder, actually. The NMR frequency is directly proportional to the strength of the magnetic field. Unless you're going to put the objects in question _into_ the magnet, you won't have it at that field, so an NMR frequency is irrelevant.

Additionally - NMR resonates the _nucleus_. Absent a rather substantial RF pulse, the interactions with the electrons (and therefore anything chemical) are nearly zero. NRM needs the static field, _and_ a gradient pulse in each of 3 axis, _and_ and RF pulse, to measure anything.

Generating an EMP is orders of magnitude more simple.

Dave Hinz (worked in engineering on MRI scanners for a dozen years)

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Or do as we did in Vietnam...pull the gunpowder from 7.62x39 and 7.62x

54 ammo and insert a wad of C4, repeat multiple times, then mix it in with a couple cases of undoctored ammo and leave it in a cache. Same with hand grenades. Unscrew the detonator, remove the fuse train, reassemble and leave someplace where it would be found and used.

I actually saw a fellow shoot one of those C4 rounds during an interesting hour long activity once upon a time. Its rather surprising just how much goo is in the human skull. It tends to make his buddies a hell of a lot more introspective.....

Gunner

It's better to be a red person in a blue state than a blue person in a red state. As a red person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob at least you have a gun to protect yourself. As a blue person, your only hope is to appease the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

(Phil Garding)

Reply to
Gunner

Ouch.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Yep, that's the idea! As you suggest been thought of a long time before us. I am partial to doctoring the RPG because the good guys all have the LAW so it would be unlikely to blow up on our face.

Reply to
Carl

if not they can sell the Iraqis discount long

That's against the Geneva Convention in every civilized country.

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gunner wrote back on Mon, 28 Feb 2005 19:44:44 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :

I think that is taking "Open mindedness" a bit too far, metaphor wise.

"I can see what your thinking there Olly[1]."

yeech.

pyotr

[1] His real name was "Saim Teing", but when he went through basic he was behind Olly Olsen, and when they asked his name he said "Saim Teing" which is why he's known as Olly.
Reply to
pyotr filipivich