Anybody got lengths of RG8x or 58A coax?

Yeah, I wondered about the termination connector.

How far away from the mast does the antenna have to be? Could you put it close to the mast (just forward) and maybe put a guide around it to keep the genoa or jib off it?

Prolly not more than $8 or $10k, eh?

Like cup holders?

Who needs diapers and other noise on a sailboat?

Welll, clams for running lines through the top of the cabin are available all over the place. Being on the roof, it is as far from the water as possible, and clams are rainproof, wot? ;)

The older I get, the less I listen to music. I prefer the silence (or my tinnitus) to noise any day. I got out some records the other week and realized it had been about a year since I listened to any. Once I broke the TV habit, music was next. I do listen to music in the truck, though. But on long trips, I often go hours without. Earplugs in and pedal to the metal. YeeeeeHaw!

You can get a nice portable 120w solar setup w/ controller for $235. Well, plus battery and wiring. Speaking of batteries, I'd been wondering how long it had been since I replaced my Tundra battery. I don't remember doing it in the past 4 years, so I figured it was getting time. Well, upon opening the hood, I found that it was the original 2007 battery in there. I grabbed a new one (84mo Premium) for $69 and decided to add the old one to the solar setup I have for the rest of its lifetime. The core ding is only $12, and if it doesn't last, I can always return it for the core charge. That's one good battery!

My time for that is fast approaching. Best of luck wi dat. I understand that finding a good person to reline them is the key to a happy life after dentures. (I don't doubt that we'll do that fitting and relining ourselves in the near future. Do you?)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You wear diapers, Gunner?

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Gunner Asch fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I'll let you off the hook. I re-punctuated it for you to make it read that way. It just struck me as funny.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Gunner Asch on Wed, 04 Mar 2015 09:31:48 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

As I heard the stories, after the wall fell, and everybody was heading East to make their fortune, the one group which was able to handle conditions were the old farts. The ones who remembered how to do business when the phones, lights and power went a bit "wonkey". As they said of my grandfather in the thirties, he really didn't need the phone to call headquarters (In Providence RI from Worcester Mass), he could just yell and be heard down there.

pyotr filipivich

Usually you just put a small cross bracket in the top of the mast with the wind vane on one side and the antenna on the other. See

although that shows a wind speed on one side and direction on the other it shows the basic concept.

Since it is extremely difficult to get the shrouds, stays, or sails above the top of the mast it works pretty well :-)

Reply to
John B. Slocomb

Hey, it's not my fault -your- sail is sloppy.

Chevrolet: Built for Liberals with short attention spans. What are you doing driving one?

ChaCHING!

_I_ said nothing about a bass boat.

Because they're only $3.47 if they say PWM on 'em.

Good luck finding a decent price on one, though. Too new.

Mine, too, as well as making them yellow. I've had fillings in most of my teeth since age 8. ON Jan 2, 2015, I finally had the very last bit of amalgam removed from my mouth when they did the crown. My body isn't going to know what to do without all the mercury in it.

G'luck, either way.

Reply to
Larry Jaques