Atlas Milling Arbor Question

Anyone have any idea what sort of hardness value an Atlas milling arbor ought to be? I started making one, and was planning on having it heat treated. Probably would work okay without the heat treating, but in for a dime, in for a dollar. I made one out of oil hardening steel, and one out of 17-4, which is pretty much limited to about Rc 44. Left a little material on for final grind, and hope they come out reasonably straight. If anybody has a guess, I'd like to hear it.

Best Regards

-Frank

Reply to
FrankPeckham