Automotive question

I've never had the pleasure.

You have the same experience as Gunner. If it was static overpressure, I would expect the top to pop off (busting at the seams). Are you saying that the sidewalls down to the liquid level also vanished?

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

People have seen the fireball, or scorch marks? I've never had or seen a battery explosion.

Evidence that it really is a hydrogen-oxygen explosion (versus overpressure) does seem to be accumulating.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

Yes. The acid (liquid) was up to the top of the existing case. In my case, my battery exploded because of my stupidity, there was no internal spark but an external one.

Rick

Reply to
RJ

Same here. Battery on floor, bent over and connected charger. BOOM! Battery top missed my face by about 2 RCHs, hit the 12-ft ceiling above. Not even any acid on me. I was very lucky. I'm smarter now.

Reply to
RB

I think I'm convinced - these are true hydrogen-oxygen explosions.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn