Bad crane rigging example - video

I think that the cracking or snaping sound heard in the video was the concrete driveway suddenly failing under the rear outriggers of the crane. In the second video, in several of the frames it looks like the driveway is crushed under the outriggers. It's hard to see because unfortunatly there is a big damn cardboard box in the way. As the load was moved farther away from the crane the load on the rear outriggers would constantly increase until the, typically, thin concrete of the driveway suddenly failed. This sudden "lurch" could then have initiated the tipping over of the crane.

Reply to
MTBSW

Here's another in the "series" about cranes and rigging. The operator of the closest one should try out for the Olympics. High hurdles maybe???

And contrary to what the message said when I got this in an email which suggested there was "no damage to the boat", I bet there was. At least enough to have it hauled out for a survey (preferably by a different company??).

Take care. THINK helps too.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

even worse.

Stands for?

-- "Human nature itself is evermore an advocate for liberty. There is also in human nature a resentment of injury, and indignation against wrong. A love of truth and a veneration of virtue. These amiable passions, are the latent spark. If the people are capable of understanding, seeing and feeling the differences between true and false, right and wrong, virtue and vice, to what better principle can the friends of mankind apply than to the sense of this difference?" --John Adams

Reply to
Larry Jaques