Hoo, boy... I've had enough moments of excitement to not want to be anywhere near that thing when it was running. The thought of that blade comming off gives me the willies.

Reply to
Jim Levie

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 20:09:01 -0500, Jim Levie vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!: remove ns from my header address to reply via email

I thought "what a wooss" when I read this reply "There are hundreds of these things out there!"

BUT...

"Home built bandsaw mill by Rick Allen at gardenofwar.gq.nu

Band saw lumber mill design notes. There are many things that can go wrong with this and either kill you, maim you or people nearby. I once had a blade break and had an 8 inch section sticking out of the shed you can see in some of the photos. (build a blade guard) "

I wasn't supposed to copy that, but it may be of interest.

I have to say that to get US$700 reserve for a home-built, a coat of paint would have helped at least the _image_ of the thing!

Sometimes in a workplace you find snot on the wall of the toilet cubicles. You feel "What sort of twisted child would do this?"....the internet seems full of them. It's very sad

Reply to
Old Nick