Bandsaw Revisited

I'm about to throw out an "old" but unused bandsaw that I picked up two years ago.
http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll257/Statenislander/Tools /
Unfortunately it turned out to be little more than garbage(with cast aluminum parts) that I couldn't find replacement parts for.
But I thought I'd first ask if it was plausible to start from scratch and get upper and lower guide assemblies, blocks, holders ect. I'm just not sure if a full set of parts would be compatible with this saw beyond having to drill and tap new holes. Are the diameters and distances between the pulleys different from one 14" bandsaw to another?
And since the pulleys are I believe cast aluminum, is it even worth it anyway?
Lastly, I missed out on a Walker Turner bandsaw on Craigslist because I didn't get back to the seller in time after doing my research, so I thought I'd ask for recommendations for a good used 14" one to keep my eyes open for.
Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 17:26:13 -0700 (PDT), Searcher7

Too bad you arent closer..Ive got both a spare DoAll 18" and a Walker Turner 18" for sale.
The DoAll is pretty cheap <G>
Gunner
"First Law of Leftist Debate The more you present a leftist with factual evidence that is counter to his preconceived world view and the more difficult it becomes for him to refute it without losing face the chance of him calling you a racist, bigot, homophobe approaches infinity.
This is despite the thread you are in having not mentioned race or sexual preference in any way that is relevant to the subject." Grey Ghost
Add pictures here
✖
if that saw is what I think it is, I have that same saw, and have had it since sometime in the early 80s - I put new roller bearing guides on it no problem, changed tires no problem, added a 1/4 inch riser block so it would take standard sized blades, and made a new upper wheel support out of aluminum when the pot metal one fatigued, and I made new trunions for the table out of steel pipe with some welding and mill work when the pot metal ones failed - I don't see what your problem is.

Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 21, 2:38 pm, snipped-for-privacy@prolynx.com wrote:

Me, twice.
The first one borrowed the frame and wheels from a 10" Delta and I made the guides and transmission. Guides aren't difficult, I put a skate bearing behind the blade and two round cool blocks on the sides. This is the second, with wheels from a wrecked motorcycle: http://picasaweb.google.com/KB1DAL/HomeMadeMachines#5107453006429714322
The straight-line ladder frame was much easier to make and align than a C shaped one. It still has a throat 13" deep and almost 24" wide.
jsw
Add pictures here
✖