BCC anyone?

Got news today that I have tested positive for basal cell carcinoma on my nose, a skin cancer.

Anyone have any experience or input?

Looks like they will be doing something soon to repair it, and possibly go into plastic surgery.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I think that President Clinton had one.

It is very common and very curable. Meaning that you will probably die from something else.

Ignoramus32065

Sorry to hear that, Steve. But it's not as bad as it sounds. Hang in there...

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Just had a BCC removed from left eyelid. Gave me a black eye. Hardest part about the whole thing was enduring jokes about my wife smacking me around. However, I find out tomorrow if I need to go back for more cutting. If this happens then they will cut a little, look at the tissue under a microscope, and either stop cutting if they got it all or keep cutting and 'scoping until they do get it all. But BCC is not that big a worry, it grows slowly and is unlikely to metastasize. Unlike melanoma of which I have no signs of. Eric

Reply to
etpm

Yes, had two removed.

Basil cell carcinoma is a slow growing cancer and is generally seen as non-fatal cancer. There is another kind of skin cancer known a squamous cell carcinoma that is faster growing and much more serious.

In my case I had a sort of pimple like sore on my left wrist. after a biopsy an area about 5/8" X 1-1/4" was removed as it is important to be sure to remove all the effected cells. There was some discussion about when the area was sutured that the tightened skin might limped movement of my wrist and maybe a skin graft might be needed. I said that even it did tighten the skin that a little exercise would probably loosen things up and the subject was dropped.

The "operation" took about 30 minutes under local anesthesia and the stitches were removed a week later. It did tighten the skin and I would get a bit of a twinge sometimes, when I bent my wrist but this went away after a couple of weeks.

A year or so later I had a similar growth removed from my right wrist.

Reply to
John B.

SWMBO had this proceedure around twenty years ago, not certain the type but no problems since.

Reply to
geraldrmiller

You'll be OK, by the odds. But you could get a "Lifestyle Lift" while you're there and look like a kid again!

Reply to
Tom Gardner