Been fun folks!

Well time has come to drop my paid Usenet service very soon, and frankly not going to bother looking for a free one. 2 months off work for brain
surgery, radiation, chemo, has pretty well drained my pocketbook. Was back at work for a few hours less than 48 hours after my last radiation session, so not doing too shabby, for now... I was given 15-30 months, but am confident I'll join the elite few that beat the odds. Lucky the tumor was found while very small and cut out in little over a week. There are some that are at the 10 year mark, and one fellow in the States with the same tumor, is at 19 years and still going. But might only have a couple years left. Life is now pretty much a month at a time, nothing taken for granted...
I closed my machine shop when I immigrated. Couldn't bring any of my machines, but brought all my tooling. It's all going up for sale, sad to say. Anyone in the general Canberra to Wagga region interested, have a fair bit of things too big/heavy for me to deal with shipping, if you're willing to maybe pick up in Cootamundra, email me direct, I'll post you a link to a photo album when I get it set up.
Appreciate all the help and suggestions I've gotten here over the years. Thanks to all who contributed here and still do!
Regards,
Jon
Take care, and may God bless you!
On Saturday, July 18, 2020 at 2:13:45 AM UTC-4, Jon Anderson wrote:

We appreciate having you here. Your posts were always interesting and polite. Dan

On 7/17/2020 11:13 PM, Jon Anderson wrote:

Hopefully we will see you around sometime. aioe server is still free. Posting using it now.
"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
On 7/17/2020 11:13 PM, Jon Anderson wrote:

Hopefully we will see you around sometime. aioe server is still free. Posting using it now.
=======================Likewise: http://www.eternal-september.org/
On 23/07/2020 8:47 am, Bob La Londe wrote:

Well, we'll see in a few weeks when I get my first followup MRI. I'm doing really well at the moment, back to work less than 48 hours after my last radiation session, part time. Doing better than I expected. If that MRI is clear, I am thinking I might yet be around a while. Though this cancer is called the Terminator and 1-2 years is typical, there are some that are at 10 years, and one fellow in the States is going on 19 years. If I have a clear MRI, I'll move to one of the free services. If it's back already, I'm in trouble....
Regards all,
Jon
"Jon Anderson" <> wrote in message

"I am long on ideas, but short on time. I only expect to live about a hundred years." - Thomas Edison
On 24/07/2020 7:31 am, Phil Kangas wrote:

Given family history, 100 years was doable. Was. 63 now, if I get 10 years, I'll be in a somewhat elite group. Worth fighting for!
Jon
On Saturday, July 18, 2020 at 2:13:45 AM UTC-4, Jon Anderson wrote:

Aw, Crap.
Jon, it's been fun reading of your saga. Well, this part..not so much.
FWIW, there's always https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups #!forum/rec.crafts.metalworking Maybe not the best, but it's free and easy.
Wishing you all the best.
jpb