Been fun folks!

Well time has come to drop my paid Usenet service very soon, and frankly
not going to bother looking for a free one. 2 months off work for brain
surgery, radiation, chemo, has pretty well drained my pocketbook.
Was back at work for a few hours less than 48 hours after my last
radiation session, so not doing too shabby, for now... I was given 15-30
months, but am confident I'll join the elite few that beat the odds.
Lucky the tumor was found while very small and cut out in little over a
week. There are some that are at the 10 year mark, and one fellow in the
States with the same tumor, is at 19 years and still going. But might
only have a couple years left. Life is now pretty much a month at a
time, nothing taken for granted...
I closed my machine shop when I immigrated. Couldn't bring any of my
machines, but brought all my tooling.
It's all going up for sale, sad to say. Anyone in the general Canberra
to Wagga region interested, have a fair bit of things too big/heavy for
me to deal with shipping, if you're willing to maybe pick up in
Cootamundra, email me direct, I'll post you a link to a photo album when
I get it set up.
Appreciate all the help and suggestions I've gotten here over the years.
Thanks to all who contributed here and still do!
Regards,
Jon
Reply to
Jon Anderson
Take care, and may God bless you!
Reply to
Michael Terrell
We appreciate having you here. Your posts were always interesting and polite. Dan
Reply to
dcaster
Hopefully we will see you around sometime. aioe server is still free. Posting using it now.
Reply to
Bob La Londe
Hopefully we will see you around sometime. aioe server is still free. Posting using it now.
=========================
Likewise:

Jim Wilkins
Well, we'll see in a few weeks when I get my first followup MRI. I'm doing really well at the moment, back to work less than 48 hours after my last radiation session, part time. Doing better than I expected. If that MRI is clear, I am thinking I might yet be around a while. Though this cancer is called the Terminator and 1-2 years is typical, there are some that are at 10 years, and one fellow in the States is going on 19 years. If I have a clear MRI, I'll move to one of the free services. If it's back already, I'm in trouble....
Regards all,
Jon
Reply to
Jon Anderson
"I am long on ideas, but short on time. I only expect to live about a hundred years." - Thomas Edison
Reply to
Phil Kangas
Given family history, 100 years was doable. Was. 63 now, if I get 10 years, I'll be in a somewhat elite group. Worth fighting for!
Jon
Reply to
Jon Anderson
Aw, Crap.
Jon, it's been fun reading of your saga. Well, this part..not so much.
FWIW, there's always
Maybe not the best, but it's free and easy.
Wishing you all the best.
jpb
Reply to
rangerssuck