Blasting medium for IC engine pistons?

I want to blast clean some used engine pistons (alloy), with minimal base material removal. What can I use as the blasting medium, or are they better vapour blasted in some way? Thanks.

Reply to
Chris

Chris wrote in news:MPG.1c9a1505e5a0f2e4989718 @news.supernews.com:

Use plastic beads. Make sure there is NO metal content (rust, etc) or regular blasting media in the blaster before you load the plastic.

Reply to
Anthony

Walnut shell

Reply to
TT

Thanks for that, worked fine in a friends machine with that stuff in it, and some medium duly ordered. Cheers.

Reply to
Chris

I have some wankel rotors and housings that sure have some stubborn stuff on them. I'm about ready buy that $99 HF cabinet and some walnut shells.

Reply to
Rex B