Bloody Ebay

I just want to vent........ I had some searches set up on Ebay to see what metalworking stuff was being sold close enough that I could pick it up. Not interested in buying a 30 lb roll of mig wire from Detroit, when I live in Seattle.

Well SNAFU. Ebay has "improved " things so you can sort by items closest to your zip code. Right, my search for plate found some in Wisconsin. And my search for metalworking items in Seattle which returned about four pages ( After I filtered out hats and manuals ) now comes up with god only knows how many pages. Enough that I won't be looking for much on Ebay until they fix their " improvement ".

Dan

Reply to
Dan Caster

They must be piloting the change in your area. When it works it will be a great improvement, right now they think Central New Jersey is just a hop, skip and jump from Eastern Long Island.

Reply to
ATP

Thanks for the "heads up", Dan. Buying on ebay is a crap shoot at best.

Speak> > I just want to vent........ I had some searches set up on

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Some commentary at:

Looks like it will at least *work* in a week after all the items listed prior to this "feature" expire. And yes the UI is terrible.

Should still be an explicit cutoff instead of it just trailing off forever.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Powell

It won't do what I would like, but may be useable. What I would like is to be able to sort by distance and then truncate the list at some mileage that I insert. Then sort the items by the time they end, and display. But I suppose that is too user friendly for Ebay to implement.

Dan

Dan Caster

Same thing I was thinking. I do like the new feature, though. There are a lot of items I won't even consider going more than 40 or 50 miles for, and I definitely don't want to drive through NYC for 95% of the stuff I'm looking at.

ATP

On 23 Jul 2004 20:19:35 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@krl.org (Dan Caster) calmly ranted:

Since we're all DIY kinda guys, this might work for you, Dan.

allow you to roll your own friendly interface.

- Ever wonder what the speed of lightning would be if it didn't zigzag? -

Full Service Web Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques