Bought a very interesting table

Oh, so in KiddingReality, one point determines a line?? OK..... Well, once again the Kidding Knowitall Ignerints shines like a lighthouse beacon on Usenet....

So I guess you never read the cover story in Newsweek a cupla years ago, on the 80 million Merkins with backs bad enough to cost BILLIONS (mygod, more than what GM spent on their planetary-geared-up Volt!!!) in lost work days.

And that there are well-accepted ratios of back strain -- lying down to sitting to standing to leaning/bent forward being approx a 1:2:4:10 ratio. So leaning over/partially forward, like, well, on a 30" welding table, will wreak HAVOC over time with about 70%++ of people performing that kind of un-ergonomic work.

It's actually simple Newton's Laws/torque, and an elbow-height welding table

*greatly* reduces these strains, in most cases. An elbow-height table also facilitates leaning on the table for support, as well.

Youir apparently-strong back bespeaks the therapeutic value of spending so much time on your knees, on all fours, fellating the Status Quo and PlimpBoi. I'll have to recommend this more often to suitably-persuaded clients.

A major application of my apparatus, btw, is back-rehab related. Which is what the haas gr510 is for -- you know, the machine who's downpayment was more than the total price tag of your bloatVolt..... heh, and with far less depreciation. lol

Distortions-R-Us.... again.....

That's right. So would any intelligent person. And???

The irony is that you

At least I don't show myself to be a frigging total igneranus on virtually everything I address. You STILL don't know how your Volt works. OR the real ROI. Or, apparently, anything about ergonomics, backs, or much of anything else. You are, however, able to fool a whole bunch of people -- which is its own gift/talent, I spose....

Reply to
Existential Angst

That sounds like a really nice and handy bench, Pete. You Suck. ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Verily! But asking a person what height he wants his shiny new/used table built to can add ducats to the price. 'Our standard 30" height table can be custom-built to any height you like for just $50 more.'

Reply to
Larry Jaques