Cancel that

I went into "tools" and hit 'next 300 headers' a few times and retrieved the missing messages. What was strange was that only the messages were missing from days that I had not opened RCM.

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

My news feeder has been changing the header numbers - that is used to show new.. All of the news was shown as old. I think a new server was put in. Or new software. In any case, I resigned from one and then took it again - (deleted local queue and data) and when I joined again there were all of the new posts. Did that on two news groups.

In UNIX, I used to hack the file myself - change the numbers and get the prior or such. Have done it on a pc, but it is easier to just reload and ask for the last 500 or so depending on the group - 30 might be the last 4 years in one I was in.

It might be due to the discontinuing of news groups by large but dying ISP.

Martin

Reply to
lionslair at consolidated dot

Another way to get a new (fresh/updated) list is to highlight the group in your list of groups, then right-click for a list of options, select Properties and choose Reset. This has worked for me numerous times when the Get Next xxx Headers didn't.

Reply to
Wild Bill