Catalina Capri 25 - $4000 (Annapolis)

Will post pictures soon.

This 1980 Capri 25 is in wonderful condition, always dry-sailed, lightly used. Red hull, white bottom, with typical Capri stripping. Topside decks showing some normal wear - I have the Kiwigrip to redo the non-skid but never got around to it (e.g. this is only a cosmetic issue, not a maintenance isues). New topside paint (Epifanes Monourethane) this past summer, and bottom repainted a few years ago with VC Performance shows no signs of wear. Recent synthetic rigging...very cool. Boom-kicker. Original black anodixed mast/boom in good condition. Spin Pole. Ready to beer can race with great results.

2-axle Trail-rite trailer with recent brake service, though tires need replacement. 4hp Johnson, a 80's vintage 2-cycle twin that is a real champ, and lightweight. This boat has demonstrated great performance beer can racing, and being lightly used isn't living up to full potential...is ready to sail now. Can be viewed at EYC (only red boat there). Price above includes the follwing servicable sail inventory: excellent condition UK dacron loose-fotted main (race-ready), original fair condition 155% and %130 (I used these to practice), good condition NuClear ~135%, good condition Pentex 155%, very good .5oz spinnaker, very good .75oz spinnaker, and a very good daisy staysail. I have a couple other "essentially new" club racing sails that can be priced seperately.

Gunner Asch

Gee Gunner another bargain.

Dry-sailed??? Is that a nautical term? Means what? Never went in the water?

very likely, if it was "dry-sailed.

A cosmetic feature? I've always thought anti-skid on boat decks to be a fairly important safety feature.

amazing, no sign of wear. Maybe from the dry-sailing?

Yup, a 25 year old outboard. Can you still get parts for Johnson motors?

Reply to
John B.

A pair of large floats with a cradle. The boat is literally lifted up out of the water when not in use.

Other option is that it is kept on a trailer.

Reply to
Richard

What will the discover next?

Reply to
John B.

It sounds like a modern innovation. A boat the doesn't go in the water :-)

Reply to
John B.

LOL! One guy I found is trying to sell his Compaq 23 - Says, "keep it at home on the trailer".

When I asked him why he said, "saves slip rent".

Reply to
Richard

Well, as John D. was said to have commented, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it" when discussing his yacht :-)

But perhaps John wasn't referring to his 23 ft boat :-)

Reply to
John B.