1/48 PBY-5A Catalina

Are the Pro Modeler and Monogram versions of the 1/48 PBY-5A Catalina identical, or is one better than the other?

Reply to
olsonm

Actually, I think the Monogram one is a PBY-5, and the ProModeler one is a PBY-5A. I highly recommend both.

Reply to
Rufus

I notice both are very pricey on ebay. I take it they are out of production?

Reply to
olsonm

Hmmnnn...they appear to be...glad I got one of each...

Thought I'd seen the occassional one around on the shelves, though.

Reply to
Rufus

you should post some pics of yours, bud. it really is a killer build. much better than the black cats most guys do. the cockpit and glass make me jealous...

i believe the hobby town in quincy, ma has one you could get sent to you.

Sometimes I get lucky...thanks.

I just got a new camera - a Nikon S6...maybe I'll take a few new snaps and post them over on ABMS. Haven't really worked the macro on the new toy yet.

Reply to
Rufus

good practice, give it a shot.