November FSM

Just got mine today. Kudos to Don Stauffer for getting "Old 16" in the magazine. Nice profile on Cookie and Super Al's grail is on the last page. Wonder if R-M still have the moulds for those? I'd probably buy a couple sets if they ever re-released them.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

My grail? What is it? I haven't gotten my copy yet.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

The 1/240th Air Force set from Monogram. I sure wanted one of those when I was a kid but I never saw any until about 7 years ago. That was just a box with some pieces inside.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I've got one of those. I've even drawn the artwork for a replacement decal sheet, and I'm working on a totally new sheet with full squadron markings, etc for each a/c. :)

Reply to
Al Superczynski

via email.

Part of the thrust of the article was that kids probably stayed away because of all the painting and decalling involved. I'd kind of like the set to be re-released but I'll bet the moulds were scrapped long ago.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Yeah, if they were still around that probably would have been an SSP release. :(

Reply to
Al Superczynski