CEO of Gibson Guitar a Republican donor; Democrat competitor uses same wood

od

Do the Dixie Chicks understand that all than great tone comes from Republicans?

Reply to
Shall not be infringed

693,827 times.

( As if it matters)

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

In article , - Scout snipped-for-privacy@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net spouted !

Now will Gibson fight what to me appears to be an unconstitutional law ?

Reply to
Tankfixer

They have been, since '09.

Why did Obama's team go in with a SWAT team, fully armed, against this guitar maker, and threaten THEM only?

Reply to
Rushton Moreve

Rushton Moreve wrote:.

Why isn't India arresting and imprisoning their people who sold the unprocessed wood in question?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

=======================

Having seen the collapse of two major corporations from the inside, some of the first symptoms are the enforcement of all petty regulations, and a gross increase in micro management by senior executives. This rapidly infects the entire organization, from the CEO/president to the interns, where "work to rule" paralyzes and prevents any possible corrective actions or useful suggestions/dialogs.

This appears to be due to the conscious or subliminal knowledge by the senior management that things are going very wrong, and they can no longer [positively/significently] control the situation, yet are unwilling to change their basic assumptions and methodology.

These types of petty actions, while critical and proximate problems go unaddressed and unresolved, clearly indicates the President, administration and bureaucracy of the United States has at least subliminally realized they have both lost control of both the situation and the internal operation of the organization, do not understand the condition/sircumstances and have lost all sense of priority.

In a word, they have panicked, which is likely to have disastrous results for every one involved.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

============ And what exactly is processed wood? Unless they shipped the entire tree from India, roots, leaves, sap, bugs and all, it was processed to some extent, i.e. sawed into dimensioned blanks.

Another question, why can't we grow the wood in the US? We have a very wide range of climates, and there are always hydroponic/aeroponic greenhouses if the wood is that valuable.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

In order to get the most out of their natural resources India requires a labor component to the lumber. What it boils down to is, no lumber or planks greater than 6mm thick. Anything thicker must be finished wood products or at least sawn and trimmed to a preformed component.

The wood in question seems to in the form of 10mm planks. Although Martin also uses the same material, all they had to do is have the Indians do the rough work to be in compliance.

Gibson also got into trouble a few years ago over hardwoods from Madagascar. They are still battling that out with the feds.

It's very dense old growth tropical hardwood. If we had the climate, it would still take a 100 years to get a log. And it still might be crappy

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman

Gunner Asch wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Um, I think he was referring to the gummint. They are the ones who have seemed to have lost control of everything and are overreacting.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Gunner Asch wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

authorization;

Martin contributes Democrat, Gibson contributes Republican.

I think the gummint beleives such bullying will help them, but I rather doubt it.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

so, "pax per poten" is that an assassination threat? please clarify if you are intending to murder the president.

Reply to
a friend

In article , - Rushton Moreve snipped-for-privacy@bass.gov spouted !

Because his DOJ is politicized to the point of being unable to honestly enforce the law.

Reply to
Tankfixer

Doesn't matter where they are made...if the contents are illegal then they should be banned from import, or confiscated at customs.

Reply to
Scout

Time for one thing, expense for another, and it wouldn't India Rosewood.

Reply to
Scout

============ So if Gibson had bought Indian rosewood 4m/m [0.157 inch] thick rather than 10m/m [0.394 inch] thick or had the 10m/m blanks rough contour sawed in India, they would have been in the clear? Kafka would love it!

Sounds like the old vaudeville number "Sam -- you made the pants too long" needs to get updated to "Sam -- you sawed the wood too thick."

For this the U.S. government sends in a SWAT team, when a simple letter reminding Gibson of the requirements would do?

Sounds like someone in the Obama administration and/or civil service needs an emergency court ordered mental competency hearing, both for minimum IQ and rationality, and an ability to set priorities, as it is apparent they are a danger to themselves and others.

Lets "cut the crap" and get to work on the outstanding cases of drug dealing, illegal immigration, espionage [national and industrial], mortgage/financial/white collar crime, food and drug contamination, and the "Fast and Furious" ATFE scandal.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Gunner, if you had ever actually been in law enforcement, you would know how to spell entrapment and you would know that what he typed wouldn't be entrapment even if he were a law enforcement officer.

In other words, you lie is hanging out for everyone to see.

Reply to
Deucalion

Gray Ghost on Mon, 29 Aug 2011

00:38:01 +0000 (UTC) typed in misc.survivalism the following:

Obama, not knowing anything about economics and the real world, does know that he's encentivizing the outsourcing of more jobs overseas.

tschus pyotr

-- pyotr filipivich Rock is Dead! --- Long live Paper & Scissors!

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

I take it that you want to murder the President and it upsets you that others wanted him deported. I personally won't miss him or you, either way.

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

Why does this Marxist deucalion cocksuker pop up in our survivalist group anyway?

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

It is not as wacky as it gets, but it is not much different than doing final assembly in the states so you can slap a mede in USA sticker on a product.

Ya, tha Fish and Wildlife service has the toughest Swat team.

There was no swat team. That was just a comment by someone from rec.semiliterate.bigot.

It was a handfull of FBI guys and a crew from Fish and Wildlife. You can see a picture if the raid here:

lumber was flagged by the customs service when it landed in Texas. They followed to it's destination and confiscated it and anything else they thought was evidence.

The whole thing has gotten overblown. This was a fairly routine customs raid. My personal favorite theory, is that it happened because Tenn is a right to work state. The immensly powerful Luthiers Guild must have put them up to it.

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman