Who Needs Models - I Just Bought Another F***ing Guitar

Guitar Center. 8am. 60 people in line ahead of me.....

Came out with an Ibanez Hollow Body/Transparent Orange...

That Makes 7 now.

The Disease Mutates To Other More Expensive Boy Toys......

Wish Me Luck!

Craig

PS: Got a free t-shirt too.

Reply to
crw59

don't get hooked on coins. you'll sell your grandma and pimp your guitars.

Good luck.

I currently have four guitars, am looking to buy four more, have a 200 watt PA amp rig on my list, and just put the check in the mail for my new Carvin V3 stack last week.

And that's in addition to my recording studio...and my stereo system...and my 800+ CD collection...and my Harleys...and my Corvette...and my guns...and my computers...and my parachute gear...and...

Haven't touched a model in months.

Reply to
Rufus

Notice he carefully failed mention the existence of his "extensive" model collection also!

Reply to
The Model Hobbit

Denial is such an important word in the world of obsessive collecting.....

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Learn to play it well enough and the models will be hanging onto you.

Reply to
tomcervo

1:1 scale I assume. Wonder whatTrumpeter can do with this request. Some nice Asian model with lots of detail and not much need for aftermarket accessories..

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Probably won't conform to specs and will need some filing and filling for fit.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Why don't you build one?? Being a model builder, it should come almost naturally, with a little education on the relevant physics.

A few years ago, I decided to make one from scratch. Here's how it turned out.

Took me a couple of years of my spare time, and about $2000 in tools and materials - but it was one of the coolest projects I've ever taken on. And the best part is that it actually plays in tune!!

Reply to
BD

who needs a guitar......I'm taking delivery of a brand new 1:1 AC Cobra Replicar on friday (:>

Reply to
Count DeMoney

VERY nice!

Reply to
Rufus

We got a few guys up here that build those - one has a national rep for it.

...and there's a guy in the local car club that managed to paint his to match one of my Harleys...wouldn't mind having that one...even if it is a Ford...

Reply to
Rufus

I have also seen the same thing only proclaiming "Grab a Busch!" as in Busch beer

What's better than a cold Bud?

A warm Busch!

LOL

Reply to
Mark M

You'll get bored with screaming girls and turn back to models. Give it

10 or 15 years.
Reply to
landnotloans

I have...that's how I got to models in the first place...they're a lot quieter.

Reply to
Rufus

Got 5 of them (guitars), plus a Kawai studio piano.

Currently my favorite guitar music related item is a "Give Peace a Chance" t-shirt. When some clueless Republican tries to make a federal case out of my t-shirt, I coolly ask them if they know whose quote that is (John Lennon). Since most of these chickenhawks were once young and loved the Beatles, they usually slink away in embarrassment when they realize how far they have strayed from the righteous path. Pretty sneaky, no?

...../V

Reply to
Vess Irvine

(snip)

More likely they briskly walk away, chin out, ready to take on the problems of the day, wondering how on God's green earth someone like you can't get out of the hippie generation; imagining what type of person you'd have been if you didn't drop acid at such a tender age. Put any daisies in cemetary cannons lately? Berate any veterans as they return from their tours? Join in any divisive anti-war marches? Sheesh...

Frank Kranick

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.