Who Needs Models - I Just Bought Another F***ing Guitar

Guitar Center. 8am. 60 people in line ahead of me.....
Came out with an Ibanez Hollow Body/Transparent Orange...
That Makes 7 now.

The Disease Mutates To Other More Expensive Boy Toys......
Wish Me Luck!
Craig
PS: Got a free t-shirt too.

don't get hooked on coins. you'll sell your grandma and pimp your guitars.

Good luck.
I currently have four guitars, am looking to buy four more, have a 200 watt PA amp rig on my list, and just put the check in the mail for my new Carvin V3 stack last week.
And that's in addition to my recording studio...and my stereo system...and my 800+ CD collection...and my Harleys...and my Corvette...and my guns...and my computers...and my parachute gear...and...
Haven't touched a model in months.
--
- Rufus

Notice he carefully failed mention the existence of his "extensive" model collection also!

The Model Hobbit wrote:

Denial is such an important word in the world of obsessive collecting.....
Craig

Why don't you build one?? Being a model builder, it should come almost naturally, with a little education on the relevant physics.
A few years ago, I decided to make one from scratch. Here's how it turned out.
http://members.shaw.ca/robertrd/hg_finished.jpg
Took me a couple of years of my spare time, and about $2000 in tools and materials - but it was one of the coolest projects I've ever taken on. And the best part is that it actually plays in tune!!
BD wrote:

VERY nice!
--
- Rufus

Got 5 of them (guitars), plus a Kawai studio piano.

Currently my favorite guitar music related item is a "Give Peace a Chance" t-shirt. When some clueless Republican tries to make a federal case out of my t-shirt, I coolly ask them if they know whose quote that is (John Lennon). Since most of these chickenhawks were once young and loved the Beatles, they usually slink away in embarrassment when they realize how far they have strayed from the righteous path. Pretty sneaky, no?
...../V

Vess Irvine wrote:
(snip)

    More likely they briskly walk away, chin out, ready to take on the problems of the day, wondering how on God's green earth someone like you can't get out of the hippie generation; imagining what type of person you'd have been if you didn't drop acid at such a tender age.     Put any daisies in cemetary cannons lately? Berate any veterans as they return from their tours? Join in any divisive anti-war marches?     Sheesh...
Frank Kranick

Learn to play it well enough and the models will be hanging onto you.
tomcervo wrote:

1:1 scale I assume. Wonder whatTrumpeter can do with this request. Some nice Asian model with lots of detail and not much need for aftermarket accessories..
Craig

Probably won't conform to specs and will need some filing and filling for fit.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
who needs a guitar......I'm taking delivery of a brand new 1:1 AC Cobra Replicar on friday (:>
Count DeMoney wrote:

We got a few guys up here that build those - one has a national rep for it.
...and there's a guy in the local car club that managed to paint his to match one of my Harleys...wouldn't mind having that one...even if it is a Ford...
--
- Rufus

I have also seen the same thing only proclaiming "Grab a Busch!" as in Busch beer
What's better than a cold Bud?
A warm Busch!
LOL

You'll get bored with screaming girls and turn back to models. Give it 10 or 15 years.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I have...that's how I got to models in the first place...they're a lot quieter.
--
- Rufus