Chainsssaw chains

Has annyone tried the Tc chip chains for chainsaws?

I work on rough stuff. hard wood. Grit. Termites.

TCT chains are fantastically costly.

***************************************************** I know I am wrong about just about everything. So I am not going to listen when I am told I am wrong about the things I know I am right about.
Reply to
Old Nick

TYPE C:\WINDOWS\HOSTS.SAM I cut tough timber, in shit conditions. I do this instead of burning this crap in piles.

Sorry

***************************************************** I know I am wrong about just about everything. So I am not going to listen when I am told I am wrong about the things I know I am right about.
Reply to
Old Nick

Yep, I have one that I use when I am cutting on the butt ends of dirty logs or when I may encounter embedded hardware in a tree from old fencing etc being nailed into the tree at one time. I often use it to cut up wood thats all covered in sand and grit as well. It may be expensive but in all the season s of use I have had it I have only had it sharpended one time. I have cut through a 1 5/8" steel chainlink fence post and fence with it that was embedded in an old oak I had to take down, and if it was not for that job, I do;t really think it would need sharpening yet.

Visit my website:

expressed are those of my wife, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Reply to
Roy

I have several. They are expensive. I use it in the woods when I have to cut half buried logs or down into the tap roots on a stump. I've done some building demolition with it also. I use it on a Husqvarna 372XP. The only weak point of this chain is the links. Turn up your bar oiler a tad. They seem to wear out the bar a little faster than regular chain.

Reply to
Jim

Yep. Worth it, tho. I've been using one for years on old ironbark and the like. Before that I used to blunt 2 chains in a tank of fuel and then go resharpen them.

I found with my last one that the chain was stretching pretty badly long before I was running out of tooth - had it resharpened twice - so my advice is the same as the other guy's - keep the oil up high.

I'm using factory Stihl TCT chains.

PDW

Reply to
Peter Wiley

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 13:41:23 -0500, Jim vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

OK. I may well have not made the right questions.

I have TC _tipped_ chains. They are really good. Like you I find they cut and cut. I do take your point about the chassis. That is the trouble. One trouble is that the TC tipped stuff will keep cutting when blunt, and of course this strains the chain. I even have a little rotary diamond sharpener for them.

The ones I am asking about are TC _chip_ embedded in a metal layer on the tootth. They cost about US$0.35/link rather than US$1.85.

***************************************************** I know I am wrong about just about everything. So I am not going to listen when I am told I am wrong about the things I know I am right about.
Reply to
Old Nick

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 13:41:23 -0500, Jim vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

Well I have to admire your cleverness in your choice of saw!

***************************************************** I know I am wrong about just about everything. So I am not going to listen when I am told I am wrong about the things I know I am right about.
Reply to
Old Nick

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:06:27 +0800, Old Nick vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

remove ns from my header address to reply via email OK. I posted about this before, and that time and this I have had no answer. It would appear not many people have used it.

I did a google on "injectasharp" and came up with my own message

So I am going to have to be brave and try it myself. I will let everyone know.