Cheap source for Casio G-shock watches?

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 00:26:08 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Bart Bailey quickly quoth:

Why in Buddha's name is everyone needing to be so damned precise in keeping time? Lithium batteries already outlast the watches and watch bands by several years. I can buy 3 conventional Casio watches for the price of that one and they'll last it by 10 years. So what if they lose a minute a year? Set it 2 minutes ahead and always be on time. ;)

Methinks these watches are just a stupid fad; battery eaters with yet another thing to break down, etc. Hey, maybe it's a battery mfgr's conspiracy to sell beaucoup more batts...

Reply to
Larry Jaques

as a Survivalist..I dont mind losing a second here and there, but I do require a watch that will last for a very long time under the most rigourious conditions.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

and the profit goes to tokyo

Yes I do, but I dont spend my day complaining about immigrants and foreign countries like you.

Reply to
Northern Raider

You'll be late to your own funeral? ;-)

Rick Bowen TSRA - Life Member lex talionis. Sleeple - One who just getting to condition white is a day trip.

Reply to
rickb308

Actually..it goes to Ford Motor Company, who owns the factory.

Got cites? If I wanted to piss and moan about bastard countries..I only have to look to the north and discuss Canada. The country everyone likes, because they stand for nothing, are deeply ineffectual, and are really living in the shadow of the US. And with good reason.

The only thing I can say you guys do really well, is turn out bumper crops of bisexual women who will f*ck or suck anyone or anything, based on some extensive experience with Canuck women.

Hi Virginia!!!

Gunner

Gunner Asch

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 18:40:08 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner Asch quickly quoth:

I beat the hell out of the old Casio F91 watches ($7 on eBay) for at least 5 years apiece. They're waterproof, so I shower, swim, hammer, saw, play, and work with it on. What more could you want?

It isn't, I'll wager, EMT proof. But most watches aren't, are they? ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I want a Viking Funeral,so...I'll miss the boat.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Ill look for them. The type is not one Im familiar with.

Thanks!

Gunner

Gunner Asch

You take one lousy week off to join Thorax at the Elvis concert, and this is what happens: "Tom Gardner" writes on Mon,

19 Dec 2005 02:10:41 GMT >> >>

the really sad part about funerals is that'll you'll miss yours by only a few days.

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 03:42:20 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner Asch quickly quoth:

They're the best little, least adorned digital watch on the market. I don't need to read that it's shock-proof on the dial, thanks. Who ARE they marketing to?

I used to have a Casio with a countdown alarm which I used daily. The few models they have with those now have 3" high marketing messages on their faces and they're silver/red/blue on gray body. My gods, man, who ARE they marketing to? I'd prefer something on my wrist which doesn't glare at me all day long, blinding me from the keyboard, KWIM,V?

Right now I have a Casio (hold on a sec while I find my loupe, it's hell getting old) F105 and I miss the countdown alarm. It was a Christmas gift last year from Mom. $20 at Wally World.

I routinely bash my watch into (or scrape against) things I'm working on (automotive, woodworking, whatever projects) and the Casios keep on tickin'. The last Timex digital was retired in under a year. 3 plastic and rubber parts fell off in that short time with the abuse I gave it. So much for Sino-American technology. ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Oddly enough..after looking them up..I realized that I had one of the F91s for about 8 yrs.

There are currently 5 or so on ebay..with 4 of them being around $8, with $15 shipping.

When one turns up for realistic shipping, Ill snag it. There is one, but its 5 days to end of auction.

Thanks for the heads up! Much obliged

Gunner

Gunner Asch

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 02:27:55 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner Asch quickly quoth:

How many of the resin bands have you had to puton it? Mine go in a couple years after turning into concrete and cracking off. They're the only downside to a Casio watch, but the nylon and canvas styles I've used to replace them gather sweat and start smelling after a month or two in the summer.

eBay 5070199543 $2.95 + $8.95 s/h goes in 6 days. The $15 shipping is on others from Singapore. Like the 2 Chinese silver 'n jade items I picked up for $4 each and paid $24 to ship here from the mainland, it's still worth it.

Yeah, the shipping on so many things ($0.01 price, $24.99 shipping from the same city you reside in?) is just a bit wonky, wot? I'm trying to switch over to

but the better, lower-price vendors haven't found them (nor Yahoo auctions) yet.

Jewelcome.

Hey, still got that laser? I'd love it. How much do you want for it?

Santa was good to me this year. I wonder what a 1-way truck/trailer rental would cost from your (ware)house to my shop...

------------------------------------------------------ No matter how hard you try, you cannot baptize a cat. ----------------------------

Comprehensive Website Development ---------------------------------------------------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

nx??ÁRÜ0 ?ïy à²M?´L`(v?BaèL÷?£M\;Xò¦yûÚ:?C/?-K?~ÿ????`]ÃR°®ªªº9z?ß???Vp?ÞÏp¸8ÓçFNÍ?½hõ??±ê!éèò?Ñ]/

Reply to
Pete Keillor

I did that once with a wedding ring and a ladder. Strangely it didn't pop off, and I hung there for a couple of *very* unpleasant seconds. Fortunately the divorce eased that pain.

-- Jeff R.

Reply to
Jeff R

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 10:37:48 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Pete Keillor quickly quoth:

Perhaps my nose is more sensitive than yours, but mine gave off an acrid odor quite quickly, requiring frequent and multiple Clorox rinses. The nylon bands weren't worth the repetitive hassle to me.

------------------------------------------------------ No matter how hard you try, you cannot baptize a cat. ----------------------------

Comprehensive Website Development ---------------------------------------------------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

The cheap Casios keep time just fine; the problem is the plastic "crystal" getting scratched up and pitted by hot sparks.

A GPS also has an "atomic" (cesium) clock, a few miles up. I just check my watch against my GPS every few months. Last time I checked, it was right on: it correctly said "Tuesday".....

Reply to
Don Foreman

Hi Don,

I was curious to see if this light was what I thought it was, so I googled for some images. Came across the following page, which you may find of interest:

So... It definitely looks like it should be a workable design.

Wish you the best of luck with this.

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Thanks! I didn't know about that offering. Not a bad price, either. I wonder if it produces constant brightness throughout battery life, and if it sucks the batteries clear dry. My guess is that he uses something like the Zetex chip, which does a pretty good job of using up the battery but dwindles to about half output as batteries age. That's consistent with the 8 hours per battery set that he claims.

I plan to use a larger reflector -- 35 mm rather than 27 mm. There's room for it in the MX991\U. The reflector is more important than the power in terms of spot brightness and tightness.

These are nitpicks, of course. It looks like Electrolumens makes some pretty good LED lights.

Reply to
Don Foreman

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 11:30:58 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, Don Foreman quickly quoth:

So flip it to the inside of your wrist whilst ARCing, Don.

Comprehensive Website Development ---------------------------------------------------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Don, email me your snail mail addy.