Comments on padded gloves?

I'm thinking of trying Magid ATV101 Blue Fingerless Gel Padded Impact
Gloves:

to help protect my arm when swinging my 4 lb sledge. Anyone try
anything like that? They're a lot cheaper than the neoprene gloves I
saw in Models. I can't figure out why Home Depot doesn't sell padded
gloves.
I'll be cold forming and hammering round pegs in square holes so
melting isn't an issue.
Reply to
Barry