Copper recovery rates

In Seattle, clean copper scrap goes for $3 / lb. Dirty copper (insulation still on) goes for around $1 / lb.

OK, thanks Ernie, just the answer that I wanted. Thank you. Just tryin' to clean up a little, I have about 150 lbs of clean copper and 900 lbs of dirty copper. Thanks a lot.
Our copper prices are off a bit. Prices for dirty copper (burned off insulation) are less, bulk wire with insulation prices will be all over the map.
Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:

Hey, Ignoramus.
What the hell does Mexico have to do with your question?
Scritch
Ignoramus16482 wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Maybe the Mexicans buy wire with insulation and strip it to get the clean copper price. Just guessing.
Wes S

The Mexican people, unlike many of the spoiled residents of the US, are willing to take any job that is available. They are found extensively in areas that are considered less than great employment by the vast majority of our citizens, and provide services that are sorely needed. The scrap business isn't glamorous, although very essential to our very survival. Many of the Mexican people are found working in such jobs.
No, I am not of Mexican heritage, but I fully understand their plight.
Harold
Around here brand new fiber optic cable was pulled out of a underground runs. Copper coils hacked from air conditioners. I suspect there are phone numbers next to the metal claim desk now - direct line to the Sheriff.
Martin
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot"s Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com /
snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com wrote:

-