Pay Rates

One of my bosses has asked me to find out the pay rates for SolidWorks Designers. What I need to know is what should pay rate be for somebody who has 13 years experience in AutoCAD (but hasn's used it in quite a while) and is a beginner with SolidWorks.

I also need to know the future potential for pay as experience increases. For this, I would appreciate knowing what some of you get paid, and your number of years experience. Please adjust your payrates to be what a person would earn while working for a company.

Reply to
YouGoFirst

Search SolidWorks Salary Survey on google and they will point you to a few surveys.

KMaren

Reply to
ken.maren

I searched that, and everyting that I have found only gives me an average salary, or else a salary based on hours worked per week with solidworks.

Reply to
YouGoFirst

Start around $30k and peak around $50k a year. That would = $15 to $25 per hour. That is why most employers list annual salaries - the hourly rate just looks so sad... That said, contract workers make way more - usually.

-- Bill

Reply to
Bill

Depends on where you are located also, but I would say that range is pretty true DOE and education. ....designers/engineers are really underpaid sad to say. I think it's only going to get worse with a lot of companies scabbing the cad and engineering work to 3rd world countries....

Reply to
tony kujawa