Coppersmithing

I'm have just signed up for weekend course on a coppersmith with a local coppersmith who learned his trade in Britain.

When I asked him about any books I could read on the subject he said there was only really one book that he would recommended, The Art of Coppersmithing written almost 80 years ago. If anyone knows of any other good books on the subject I would appreciate knowing about them.

Zack

Reply to
Zack

I haven't seen any books specifically purporting to be about coppersmithing, but the techniques are essentially the same as those used in silversmithing (or metalsmithing), so any good book on that subject would be applicable. For example, Heikki Seppa's "Form Emphasis for Metalsmiths" is good, and Tim McCreight's "The Complete Metalsmith" is handy to have.

Bert

"Zack" wrote:

Reply to
Bert

Check this search:

is a book by that title. It may be a reprint

Reply to
Ken Moffett

Zack

has several sheetmetal and tinsmithing books in their catalog.

Worth a look, anyway.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones