A Good book for Cliff

Cliff, Here is a clue! Buy a copy of this book" Machine Shop Trade Secrets" by James A. Harvey. You can get a copy at

This book was written by a guy who actually knows how to machine real parts. Think of it like a book Jon may have written to enlighten you. Heck Jon, maybe Cliff's birthday is coming up and you could get him a copy! Anyway the book is really good and has many tips on mostly manual machining. Here is another clue Cliff, knowing manual machining would greatly increase your understanding of CNC and engineering. But of course Jon has told you that before. Seriously Cliff this book is full of things that most everyone that reads this group would like to share and talk about. BUT YOU won't allow it, as you have almost single-handedly made this group worthless to post or even read for informative purposes. -tazio

Reply to
taznuvolari

You know, since I plonked Jon a few months ago I may have missed some of his recent postings, but I don't remember ever, ever reading anything from him about him actually doing any machining.

For that matter, I don't think I've ever seen anything he designed in CAD or programmed in CAM.

Have you? I can't say for sure that he *doesn't* do those things, but for somebody who talks so much about it, you'd think we'd see and example or two of his work?

'Just wondering. Maybe he sends you all of his design projects...

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Ed:

Let's apply your same criteria to Cliff. Have you EVER seem anything he designed in CAD or programmed in CAM? Where are any verifiable examples of his work?

Jon seems to have modeled my "Cute Bracket" in VX, from my somewhat crude JPEG's that were posted to the r.c.m. dropbox. Let's see Cliff model the same bracket in any CAD, CAM, or CAD/CAM system of his choice. What about it Cliff, you up to the challenge, you certainly have enough time on your hands. It's a relatively simple part and shouldn't take long.

-- BottleBob

BottleBob

Well, I wouldn't apply the same criteria, but it's a legitimate question. I don't see Cliff pontificating about this or that program, giving us "reviews." What Cliff does is mostly jab at Jon.

However, don't let me get in the way here. If there's going to be a modeling bakeoff, I'll be interested to see it, too. I don't know what it will prove, since your bracket, cute as it is, only consists of pretty conventional lines, angles, and radii, and could be modeled without a lot of grief -- a hell of a lot less than the grief involved in actually machining it.

So, let the games begin. I like those tuning forks that have two square legs at one end and three cylidrical legs at the other. I've always wanted to see a rotatable 3D model of one, myself. d8-)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Ed:

What's fair for the goose, is fair for the gander.

Jon is passionate about, and interested in, CAD/CAM programs. It's easy to criticize others, and come up with demeaning witticisms.

That is the point here, it's an easy part to model. If Cliff refuses to even try, or can't model it... well what would that say? Especially after Cliff's YEARS of criticizing Jon's modeling ability.

I agree, "Gentlemen, start your modelers".

-- BottleBob

BottleBob

He's the clueless buzzword king .

Very, very proud of himself for (claimed) managing to, at long, long last, copy a bracket ... I do, however, wonder who actually did it ... and who sent him the data .... perhaps from GibbsCAM ....

Reply to
Cliff

Cliff:

That's YOUR delusion.

I certainly didn't sent him any data. Just looking at the pictures of my bracket and his model of it would clearly show that. The proportions are visibly slightly off a little. So your attempted implication that he was sent any data from me is a bogus fabrication.

Can YOU model it?

-- BottleBob

BottleBob

Nope. Its his . Just like being the "god of CAD", which he does not use.

Got it wrong, did he?

I fabricated nothing. What part of "perhaps" was unclear?

I only glanced at it once. It's not complicated at all.

Reply to
Cliff

Cliff:

His "God of CAD/CAM" comment was meant to be humorous. You accuse HIM of not using SolidWorks, VX, or any number of other CAD, CAM, or CAD/CAM systems but yet you seem to have no knowledge of modern CAD, CAM, or CAD/CAM systems.

He was estimating the dimensions from a crude JPEG. Let's see if you can do better.

So it was just another one of your patented bogus misleading innuendoes then? LOL

I said it was a simple part in my post to Ed. Let's see if YOU can model it, shouldn't take long.

-- BottleBob

BottleBob

He doesn't. Except, perhaps that old 2D BobCad ...... for finding arc-line tangent points by dimensioning to endpoints. Even that seemed to confuse him as he was so proud of himself for being able to do it at long, long last .

What you don't know will not hurt you.

He clearly has little beyond what he sees in ads .... and then gets confused about and goes badly wrong . Keep pushing those magic buttons, BB. Watch the pretty pictures ....

Not interested. Trivial .

I can read.

Sure impressed jb though . Why is that? Because it was a real part, instead of jb BS?

Probably would not. Took jb weeks though .

BTW, He probably should have tried the RCM dropbox ... but he's not that clever.

Reply to
Cliff

Cliff:

Jon just proved that statement of yours is incorrect by modeling my "Cute Bracket" in VX. Actually, the tables seem to have turned, Jon showed that he could actually model a part in VX, YOU on the other hand are now the "Buzzword King" since no one has seen ANY examples of your machining or modeling work, but we sure see a lot of criticism of other's abilities.

So you admit you know nothing about modern CAD, CAM, or CAD/CAM systems. But yet you criticize OTHERS for being ignorant and clueless? ROTFLMAO Do you see the irony here.

Your comment no longer rings true. HE modeled my part, YOU haven't.

Trivial? Or too difficult for you? I've given you the opportunity to show what you can do with a simple part and you've not taken advantage of it. Now that could indeed be because you think it's trivial, OR it could be that you've forgotten what you once may have known and don't know how to even begin. That second interpretation may now be lingering in the back of people's minds, since you've chosen not to model the part. No one expects you to have a seat of Unigraphics, but you could download any number of shareware CAD programs to use. You could even download VX to do it with.

Wrong yet again. He modeled it part time and within two days of me posting my bracket to the r.c.m. dropbox.

You've got all the time in the world (enough time to post 150-300 non-content posts in a.m.c.). So what's it to be, show that you actually have the skills to model a simple part, or leave everyone in doubt as to your ability and credibility.

-- BottleBob

BottleBob

Big snip.

I think I missed something. Did Jon post the model? Where?

Reply to
alphonso

Cliff:

Well, we don't know exactly how much trial and error might have been involved, perhaps none, perhaps a lot. What we DO know is that your statement that he doesn't use a CAD, CAM, or CAD/CAM system was false.

You made the claim that he DOESN'T use any CAD, CAM, or CAD/CAM systems. That claim of yours has been proven false since he modeled my bracket. How many other of your obsessional claims about Jon are similarly bogus?

Well let's see if YOU do know what you are doing. Model the simple bracket.

I seriously doubt both of those assertions.

Jon didn't go "Whoopie !!!! Look what I managed to do at long, long last, Mom !!", Jeeze let's keep your obsession under at least some semblance of control.

Please feel free to use anything you're comfortable with.

-- BottleBob

BottleBob

Cliff:

You're not going to let Jon win the *Bracket Bakeoff* by default, are you? Competition too tough, eh? LMAO!

-- BottleBob

BottleBob