Cut-out paterns

Hello

I am looking for sheep and cow paterns for a project. I would like to make some steel cut-out for a birthday gift for a farmer friend of ours. would anyone have any ideas where I could find some?

Thank you

Antoine

Reply to
Pepe Tigre

There used to be several online free clipart sites that had lots of animals. Also, some stores sell clipart disks that have thousands of subjects, usually including animals.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Have you tried Google? "Cow pattern" yielded 413, 000 hits.

Reply to
Gary Brady

Any picture of a cow or sheep will do. Just use the outline of same as the pattern. Use a copy machine to adjust size.

Lane

Reply to
Lane

Or, you could do it properly. Obtain a cow, or sheep and draw round it.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

I have frequently obtained patterns by one of four methods: Draw it in CAD. Get it from clip art. Convert photo to line drawing. This is usually possible by progressively reducing colour count in a paint program. Get a quilt pattern from book or web.

Having obtained the pattern, I print it at the desired size, _lightly_ spray the back of the paper with spray-on adhesive, stick on the maetal stock and cut out with plasma cutter or bandsaw.

You might also use

to search for sheep and cow quilt patterns. I found a very nice simplified California Quail pattern to make a running quail wind toy for my wife.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards