dead blow hammer

I have a Stanley ball-pein deadblow hammer that's kinda like that except there are steel faces sticking out of the plastic. The plastic around the head disintegrated in a similar manner, but Stanley tools are "guaranteed for life". Unfortunately, to collect on the guarantee, you have to send it back to Stanley. The cost to ship it back and get a new one is more than the cost of a new hammer. So I'm using it as is.

Reply to
Bob Chilcoat

"Gunner Asch" wrote: (clip) I lost one off the air cleaner on the freeway..I heard the rattle thump as I hit 75mph...knew exactly what it was..and couldnt go back for it in heavy traffic...damnit ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Me too. Karl, if you'll tell me where you found yours, I'll tell you where I lost mine. BTW, what's a Spyderco knife?

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

I just threw one out because the urethane had turned sticky, and no solvent worked to remove the goo. I think that the urethane was reverting to the urethane monomer from whence the resin was made; this is one reason urethane foam turns to goo. The company that made the hammer is long gone, so no chance to get it replaced for free.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

According to Leo Lichtman :

A quick google led me to their web site, and I *think* that the one which Gunner lost is one of the three on the following page:

and no -- that price is not the top of their line. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Gunner Asch

"Mike" wrote: (clip) Turned black and fell apart. Snap-on man said we don't sell black ones (clip) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ He could have also said, "We don't sell broken ones." :-)

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Gee - a police knife! - What for - cutting Chute cord as you Chute down on top of the building so the Hut Hut guys can repel down ? :-)

Just love the Hut Hut guys - so many movies...

Martin Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

D> According to Leo Lichtman :

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Actually..it excells at cutting seat belts to get the occupants out of crashed vehicles. Which is why most cops carry them. Some even carry spring loaded center punches or specilty tools to bust windows safely for the same reason.

This is probably the best combination tool for the job, ever made

While I can fault a lot of cops for some of the military bullshit they try to immulate..carrying a knife, particularly a serrated blade...is only good sense.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Nope, Mariner. Karl

Reply to
everyman

You first. I'm not falling for that trick again. Karl

Reply to
everyman

. Some even carry

Yep, I was an EMT for many years. Never used one this way but was told that a punch in the lower corner of a car window would remove the window in a second. Try to pick a window away from the victim though. Randy

Reply to
Randy Replogle

Thanks gunner -

I just hate to have the local cop turn into a commando. He or she is dealing with two or more ego's at a time and lots of pumping blood and ... - not to worry about what belt 'tool', 'smoke...', 'frag...' thngy to use or throw.

I saw the first 'gear up' just after some of the riots in the universities. The campus cops I knew scared the hell out of me - the guns they had on their hips - first time (never before did they carry them) - were bigger than they!

Most of those guys were 60-90 years old. My landlord was 68 and carried a 44mag! On his hip just in case the loonys come.... He was more loony!

Then times like Watts and times like the Weatherman underground... Those were the 60's - Bombs and machine guns came to the local cops.

It never bothered me to see a rifle and scope in the back of an officers car here in Texas - I knew it was there for varmint killing. Then the rifle changed to M14's. The auto type. - Free from overages in a down sizing military.

Martin

Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

Gunner Asch wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

One of the agencies down in LA where I hang out...is wearing all black, with thigh holsters. Look like they are all geared up for a raid, or a patrol in indian country. In Sector 7. On the bad side of the planetoid.

Frankly..they look like buffoons. Same agency that took the burglarly report when my truck was burglarized in 2000, and I had to show them how to lift prints..and loan them clear packing tape as their finger print tape was missing. I got an embaressed mumble about "budgets". All I could do is shake my head at the idjits.

When I was working deputy out in the desert..I carried a scoped rifle or an AR-180. Simply because of the ranges involved.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch