Debugged a function to mill a cone

Ignoramus18915 fired this volley in news:BMidnU-QDfedfc_RnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Well, Pete said your VFD already presents that information. My cheap little MotorTronics ME-2 doesn't. I'd have to go with reading and integrating the current via some low-resistance shunts.

But the Boss-9 didn't have the ability to do that as-stock, and it turns out some pretty nice work. You just have to work conservatively within the HP rating of the spindle motor, and the appropriate feed depths. That may not be "optimum", but I'm not a production shop.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I do not have the drive that Pete thinks I have. I ran out of those Toshibas (unless one is hiding somewhere). I have a Teco FM50 3 HP single phase drive. It does not provide current or power feedback.

I am not either. I just want to do a good job setting this mill up.

Ignoramus18915

So you build a tiny analog computer and multiply V by I. Just a few op amps.

Mart> >> Ignoramus18915 fired this volley in

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn